Problems posting on the forum? Check here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Are you already logged into your Singletracks account, but having issues posting to the forum? Here’s how to fix it:

Step 1: On the main forum page, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click the "Delete all board cookies" link. Then, on the next screen, click "yes" to confirm.

Step 2: Log out of your Singletracks account (the entire website), and log back in.

And you’re done! You should now be able to post to the forums again.

If for some reason you are still having issues, please submit a ticket to the Singletracks Help Desk.

Just letting y’all know that when I load singletracks my virus protection stops a malware file 😈

"reidsvillebikes" wrote

Just letting y’all know that when I load singletracks my virus protection stops a malware file 😈

Weird. The homepage or the forums?

What browser/virus protection are you running?

Hey guys,

I don’t know how widespread the issue is but for the last few weeks, the authentication bridge between the forum and the core site has been problematic. I’m never successfully logged into the forum and phpbb’s session destroy feature doesn’t resolve the issue. I have to delete all of the sites cookies via the browser to get logged in and even that’s not a guarantee. This problem is across multiple computers, OS’s and browsers.

I pretty much have to use tapatalk solely now for the forum.

Posted via Tapatalk while doing 60 in my car and staring at my phone.

As far as we can tell, it’s an issue with "old" cookies not being cleared out entirely. It sounds like you did the power user trick of going into your browser and manually removing all the cookies which worked for us after the "Delete all board cookies" function didn’t work. There are 3 cookies you need to get: phpbb3_712he_sid, phpbb3_712he_u, and phpbb3_712he_k.

This issue seems to be cropping up right now for several folks even though we switched authentication back in early January. I think it’s b/c the forum cookies are set for 60 or 90 days and that time is coming up for a lot of folks…

I’ve been getting the same issue sporadically, but haven’t had to delete cookies (good thing, I really like them 😆 ). Usually, I wait a couple hours and everything works fine, but it is still annoying when I can’t see new posts and be able to reply every time.

gar29, looks like your forum account email didn’t match up with your main account email which could’ve caused some issues. Everything should be sync’d up now!

Thanks! Could this be caused from logging on with different computers? I’ve noticed that if I am logged in at work, then go home, I’m logged out on that computer, and vice versa.

"gar29" wrote

Thanks! Could this be caused from logging on with different computers? I’ve noticed that if I am logged in at work, then go home, I’m logged out on that computer, and vice versa.

Singletracks restricts login to browser session via php, so if you attempt to view the site in a different browser, it will invalidate the cookie.

My two suggestions would be to use simultaneous page views (page viewed in two or more browsers within x number of minutes) to determine account sharing(and only that if the account has something you don’t want shared. There’s no need to restrict login on an account that has no premium perks) and to use a single authentication system instead of utilizing a bridge. Phpbb’s session system is robust and could be used for the whole shebang.

"schwim" wrote

Singletracks restricts login to browser session via php, so if you attempt to view the site in a different browser, it will invalidate the cookie.

Actually, that should no longer be the case–but let me know if anyone is still experiencing this and I can check into it.

It was still happening to me as recently as a few weeks ago, when I quit using the forum in a browser. If you removed its implementation before that, you may want to check it out.

Not sure when we made the change but I think it was around January.

Just tested it myself–Singletracks open in Chrome and Safari at the same time–and I’m staying logged into both.

Maybe the incessant logouts I continued to weather was related to the cookie issue.

So i linked my face book and lost my previous profile..? Wtf

"downshifter" wrote

So i linked my face book and lost my previous profile..? Wtf

That’s weird. What was your previous screen name?

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.