Private Messaging not working?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

So, am I the only one having this issue? I tried messaging someone during the spring to ask about a trail that they were checking into often to get some directions. I could never message them, did a search and they didn’t come up. Did the partial name with the " * " to wildcard search and it yielded nothing. I even deleted the cookie boards, logged out and back in, nothing. Today I attempted the same thing and nothing. Anyone face this issue recently? Thanks so much and take care.

-GT

Hi there GT,

I received and sent a few PM’s just a few days ago. Your issue seems to deal less with messaging and more with finding a member, no?

If you don’t mind me asking, can you tell us what name you’re having an issue with finding? It may help us figure out what’s going on.

Actually I can’t type in the name or search it. The search states that the name isn’t found. I did get LAMantaRay12 to work, but it stayed in the Outbox. Tried UtPreacher, and got nothing. I did have success a while back with usamade21 and Bubblehead10MM. Not sure what I’m missing. Thanks so much and take care.
      -GT

Hi there again 😀

You can find UTP’s forum profile here.

Here’s the scoop on the private messaging system that this forum uses. The fact that it stays in the outbox doesn’t mean anything is wrong. When you write a message to someone, it goes to their outbox. When they read it, it is moved from the outbox to the sentbox. There’s a lot of reasons why a message never gets read: The email notification ends up in their spam box, they have notifications off and don’t visit the forums (and then notice the flag), etc. If you see a message in the outbox it means you have done everything correctly, they just haven’t done their part yet.

I notice that the users’ forum profiles are not visible when you view their main site profile( UTP’s, for instance). The way I found his forum profile was to search "site:singletracks.com utpreacher forum profile" and the first result was the one I needed. I know this is a less-than-stellar workaround for the problem but it does get you what you need in a very roundabout sort of way. There’s some copy and paste magic you can work with their user ID number but that takes longer than Google. 😀

Schwim, thanks man I appreciate that. I’ll give that a try. Take care.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.