Post ride fork maintenance?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

After most rides (sometimes every other ride) I wipe off the seals and suspensions fork and have been applying max suspension spray to prevent seals from drying out and to keep the fork lubed. I have recently heard that this spray may cause corrosion. What should I do for fork maintenance after every ride and what type of lube should I be using to keep my suspension functioning?

I’ve heard that using spray on lube attracts dirt and dust to your stanchions which can get forced through the dust seal down into your lowers. I don’t think spray on lube is necessary as the fork has its own lubricant inside. The only post ride maintenance I do is wipe the dirt and dust off the stanchions and away from the seal. If you have the fork serviced every year to year and a half, you shouldn’t really need to do any intensive post ride maintenance.

Simplicity is the key here. No need to do anything fancy. Just a simple clean rug or a papertowel will do the job.

Yes, keep it simple. When you wipe down, be sure you aren’t mashing the dirt into the seals.

I recommend running a small front fender at all times. Apart from keeping mud out of your eyes when it’s raining, a fender will help keep dust away from your seals.

GMBN has a great Youtube video and template for making your own fender.

Pop bottle front fender

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_lCLSdev4VCbmZCeXh1V0VIWDQ

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.