Possibly a little too big…

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Okay so I am 5’6" and I have a Giant Revel 0 in a size "M"…the bike seems to fit me really well when Im riding it but if I am to straddle the frame there is no room for my two little buddies downstairs. My concern is when I am riding and I come off the bike really quick and end up straddling the bike…well needless to say I might be in some pain…So should I look into a small or simple stick with the medium?

It depends on your inseam vs torso length, but I am 5′ 8" with a 29" inseam and the two Giants I have owned have been smalls and fit me really well. I have a medium Specialized Rockhopper that is a little bit too big.

I have a 29" inseam.

test ride a small, you’ll love it.

"jgutz71" wrote

So should I look into a small or simple stick with the medium?

Probably want to look into a small. Usually, a safe minimum is 1 inch of clearance from tires to ground if you stand over the bike, slide all the way to the back, and pick it up as high as possible.

From the road world, all things being equal, smaller is better — both lighter and stiffer.

I’m about 5’7” I beleive without about the same inseam and I ride a revel 0 medium as well.

Im with you in that I feel it may be just a little too big for me, however after about 2 months of riding 4 or 5 times a week, it doesnt bother me at all. If i stop to take a rest, I can do it straddling the bike as long as sort of….pick a side. In an emergency dismount, my man bits arent destroyed but I get a little reminder that they are there.

All in all, im happy with it and i cant really justify buying a small of the same bike at this point. if it were 1/2 an inch taller, it would be unbarable though. I’ll definitly be doing more test riding of bikes when I buy something new next year. not that I’m unhappy with my revel 0, just that I would also like to have somethign a little more all mountain-ish as well as this bike for more cross country/easy trail riding.

how do you like the 0 so far aside from the standover height issue?

GregFin,
      I ended up getn a Specialized Rockhopper 29er and really like it. As for the Revel 0 it seems easier to control in the turns than the 29er but not by much.

oh, interesting. you were able to exchange it or did this cost you big?

I was going to take the Revel back but decided to keep it.

I keep seeing this pop up in my email inbox:

And the first thing that pops into my mind every time:

That’s what she said

i see. what size did you get? and how does it fit VS the medium revel?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

I keep seeing this pop up in my email inbox:

[quote:3l8hdi12]That’s what she said

[/quote:3l8hdi12]
      http://xkcd.com/

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2koc92uu]I keep seeing this pop up in my email inbox:

[quote:2koc92uu]That’s what she said

[/quote:2koc92uu]

Image[/quote:2koc92uu]

😆 😆

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.