Pivot Mach 6 carbon

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone riding a Mach 6 carbon that can give me some feedback on it?  I want an enduro bike that isn’t going to slaughter me on long rides but can still hit the hills.  We ride both in Colorado and in the midwest, so I’m hoping to find something that will fit the best of both worlds, or as close to it as I can get.

I have a 2014 pivot mach 6.  I love that bike.  I ride in North Carolina.  This is more a trail bike for me, but it could definitely handle much more.  It seems, as they say, the harder you ride it; the better it rides.  I think this bike is a great all around trail or endure bike.  I rode both yeti sb5c and the mach 6.  The yeti just didn’t seem to have the travel to handle a really rough trail.  The Mach 6 climbs just as good as the Yeti, in my opinion.  The only downside to the Pivot mach 6 is the cables.  What a mess.  I ended up changing my cables to external guides.  Now its great.  I think the newer bikes have new internal cables.

Thanks for the feedback guys.   I did read the cable routing was a bit janky on the mach 6, but supposedly it was corrected in 2017 with internal routing.  Havent seen a 2017 in  person yet, but everything I read sounds good on it from all the reviews.

I had a 2013 Mach 6 and I love date bike. It did everything well. I could ride non competitive XC, enduro type trails and could also take it to the bike park. What it did especially well for a 160mm travel bike was climb. Unfortunately, I cracked my frame when my seat post hydraulics went out on a ride where I was deep in the wilderness and made the mistake of raising the post past the limit line (100% MY fault). However, Pivot still hooked me up with a crash replacement frame and I was able to pick up their new Mach 5.5

I’m loving the new 5.5 after just (2) rides while I’m on vacation here in Durango. I’m still tweaking the suspension but as far as gnarlier DH type stuff, I like die Mach 6 a touch better. That may change when I have more time on  the 5.5 as I’m also transitioning to fall pedals on the 5.5 so there’s a learning curve for me after 25+ years on SPD pedals.

If you care, rumors are the Mach 6 will be updated next by Pivot and many people expect/hope that it’s going to be a long travel 29er like the Yeti 5.5 or Santa Cruz Hightower.

If you’re really looking for an enduro bike that pedals well for all day rides, IMO the best option for this is the Turner RFX-4.   Pretty comparable to a Mach 6, but a little more efficient, and you can get a GX equipped one for less than the Pivot offerings.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.