Panthertown…Cashiers,NC

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

[list=][/list Anyone know a good loop to do in Panthertown?
      I have good map, hear it’s easy to get lost there. I’ll be starting
      At the Saltrock Gap Trailhead

I rode a pretty good loop there in the past that incoorporates the majority of the singletrack and starts near the Saltrock Gap trailhead. It’s been uploaded here to the Panthertown Valley trail page. I actually started from the end of the paved road that you drive on just before it becomes gravel and you reach the trailhead but it’s only a difference of maybe 1/4 mile. If you have a GPS, just download the file. If not, check out the map below.

Bigger version

I connected blackrock, to powerline, to rattlesnake knob(out and back), to powerline, to riding ford, to devils elbow, to panthertown valley, to mac’s gap, to panthertown valley back to my car. Lots of good access to many of the waterfalls using that route. Most require a short hike but you get to ride right over Riding Ford Falls.

Blackrock, Rattesnake Knob, Riding Ford, Devils elbow, and Mac’s Gap are all singletrack and really good rides. The rest of them are old logging roads that are unfortunately a neccessary evil to connect everything.

Most of the trails are well marked as long as you bring a map but the GPS would certainly save you time having to stop and read a map at every intersection.

Thanks Goose…Just read your post, that’s the map i had with me today.
      I rode a lot of those trails today too. Next time out I’ll know which way
      Not to go on some of the trails as well. Great day and worked my legs
      Out good, dang sure some climbing out there.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.