Other than biking

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

So I was just wondering what other kinds of fitness or active activities anyone does when not biking.

Swimming, Running, and playing with the kids!

"Jarvan" wrote

Swimming, Running, and playing with the kids!

with kids you also have the added sport of being a taxi driver

It may not count as a "fitness" activity, but I’ve been a longtime fan of downhill skiing (duh). As far as fitness specific activities go, the great glory of the bike is it frees me from any need to go running 😎 I do however throw on a pack and hike up the side of steep mountains as backcountry treks are a favorite of my wife and I can enjoy the scenery on foot as well as on the bike. I also do some lifting, especially in the winter months when the biking may be restricted.

When not riding I concentrate on the 12 oz curls and sit ups from the couch to get pizza. My 12 pack abs say it all. 😮 Later,

"brianW" wrote

[quote="Jarvan":aah24hz0]Swimming, Running, and playing with the kids!

with kids you also have the added sport of being a taxi driver[/quote:aah24hz0]

I count chauffer/taxi drive and my second occupation.

Calisthenics (mostly body-weight exercises), running, and paintball.

Running, downhill skiing whenever I’m in a snowy place, hiking, sometimes weights, and I USED to rock climb, wish I did that more…

I’ve been trail running and doing lots of calisthenics in the morning and at night. Jumping rope is also a favorite of mine. I’ve also recently taken up disc golf which involves some decent hiking at some of the local courses. I’ll play some ultimate frisbee here and there as well. I’m trying to shed 40 more lbs before the end of Summer.

Like Skibum Said, lots of touring! even if its not to ski any where! This of course depends on where you live! here in Colorado there is plenty of cross country groomed track and such. If your unfortunate enough to live somewhere else, get a gym membership if you don’t already have one! I like to work on my core as this is a big key in biking! Swimming is also very helpful, not only for muscles but also for the lungs!!! thats just me I’m not expert 😄 😄 Have fun!

Downhill ski mostly (it provide fitness depends on terrain difficulty), sometimes XC Ski, also snorkel and trail running, hiking. Don’t go to gym because I prefer fresh air

I do step aerobics with weights. push ups in the morning, crunches/leg lifts before bed. Weight control is all about calorie count. I can [i:11mm8lux]always[/i:11mm8lux] out eat my exercise. ;)

Hiking, 4-wheeling, camping, snowboarding, snowshoeing!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.