Only one MTB

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I know this is a tough one, but if you could only have ONE mountain bike, what type/style would it be? I would suspect it would be based on where you live. For me, here ITP of ATL, I would have to say a geared 29er is ideal, as we have road riding to get to the trails. Discuss

For 26’er, Giant Trance or similar.

For 29’er, Giant Anthem X 29 or similar.

Yes, I really like my Giant.

My friend just got a really sweet Niner Rip9 that he has built up for all-around trail and light all-mountain use. It’s about as close to a do-it-all bike as I have ever seen in person.

Also, check out some of the custom and semi-custom frame builders like Waltworks or Lenzsport. If you tell them your riding style and terrain, they can come pretty close to a ‘one bike fits all’ model.

"maddslacker" wrote

For 26’er, Giant Trance or similar.

For 29’er, Giant Anthem X 29 or similar.

Yes, I really like my Giant.

My friend just got a really sweet Niner Rip9 that he has built up for all-around trail and light all-mountain use. It’s about as close to a do-it-all bike as I have ever seen in person.

Also, check out some of the custom and semi-custom frame builders like Waltworks or Lenzsport. If you tell them your riding style and terrain, they can come pretty close to a ‘one bike fits all’ model.

Lol I find it funny that you list 3 different mountain bikes and 5 different brands in a thread about "Just one mountain bike." 😆

If I had to pick just one (and could afford it), it would probably be a Specialized Enduro: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBC … emId=15153

Absolute beauty of a bike, and very versatile!

If I could have just one, it would be a 5 – 6" trail bike. I’m not a racer or locked in on one type of riding, so that category gives the greatest performance range–maybe not the best at anything but pretty darn good at everything. Although I have 3 bikes, my Yeti 575 fit’s this bill perfectly and if I ever had to empty the quiver, that would be the one I keep.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.