on-road/off-road tires?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

PMC

Hey everybody,
      I’m a former BMXer just getting into mountain biking so forgive my lack of knowledge. I will be purchasing a MB for the purpose of trail riding, but the reality is I will likely be doing a lot riding around the neighborhood just for a little exercise. Is there a good dual purpose tire that works well for on/off road riding? It seems like this could be done pretty easily by varying the pressure with s specialized tread design.

PMC

hey thanks for all the info!

I’ll be test riding some bikes tonight at my local shops so I’ll let you know what I end up with. I think I’ve narrowed my search to either the Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc or Gary Fisher ????

I may go with a set of those K-Rads when I wear my current tires out. All I do is trail ride XC. no agressive jumps ect. I think a K-Rad would do well.

I may go with a set of those K-Rads when I wear my current tires out. All I do is trail ride XC. no agressive jumps ect. I think a K-Rad would do well.

Dude,I just mounted up a set of K-Rads on a second set of rims and have been riding to work on them and after work I usually take 2 to 3 hours and do some urban riding.I can tell you,I never used to do that because the knobbys were so hard to ride on the pavement,they just wouldnt roll very nice.Also,I used em on the trail as well,and at least here in colorado where the trails are dry and hard packed,the tires work pretty well for being mainly street tires.I would deffinatlly recommend them for ya.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.