OK so i wimped out

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I decided to stick to platforms rather than the clip pedals that came with the bike. I will switch tho , in time 😃 I just dont feel like starting now at this very moment. I went with the Steve Hamilton Animal pedals.I think i will start switching to the clips after the holidays

Why dude?I know how ya feel even though I’ve never used clippless.That’s one of the reasons I stick with platforms is to "just do it",it’s not that I think platforms are the best solution(for everyone relatively speaking)but because it’s what I started out on and have gotten use to and even though they are a pain in the ass somtimes,they work for me and I have the patience to use them and just want to prove I can have as much fun with platforms as having my shoes stuck to my pedals so they dont come off.hahahaaha.
      I dont think it’ll take more than a week or two of practicing off trail to get the hang of them to get back on the trail with them.Your gonna have to get used to them anyway.Just curious why dude,that’s all.

Well i have been off of a bike for the past month since i sold the Yukon FX to put as a down payment on this bike. And since i just got this bike Friday i still have yet to go on the trails with is. So i am going tomorow to feel the bike out on the trails. I figure a month of riding platforms with a new bike is good to get used to it. Then ill say a couple weeks on the new bike wearing clipless before i hit the trails with em to practice

I would ride the platforms at the trails and put the clippless back on while at homw so you can practice clipping and unclipping while holding yourself up against a fence or garage wall,and then practice riding around in the street or somtning to get used to riding AND clipping and unclipping.Just a thought dude,I’m also excited you got a new bike,that rocks ass dude.hahahahahaah.

yeh man they just take a little getting used to. when i learned, i started off by putzing around my house for a while, then road some roads, and then hit the trails.

"steve32300" wrote

I would ride the platforms at the trails and put the clippless back on while at homw so you can practice clipping and unclipping while holding yourself up against a fence or garage wall,and then practice riding around in the street or somtning to get used to riding AND clipping and unclipping.Just a thought dude,I’m also excited you got a new bike,that rocks ass dude.hahahahahaah.

LOL @ rocks ass. I have yet to hear that before 😆 Thanks man i am excited as hell to go to the parks tomorow.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.