Northern FL/Southern GA trails and Camping?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys. Newbie here from Miami. I am taking a drive up to Jacksonville next month to visit good friends. We wanted to hit some beginner to intermediate trails and also Camp out the weekend with some other friends. Can you recommend any good parks or places? I am open to even going into Southern GA. I appreciate any info I can get. Thanks in advance!

-Gabe

Santos is where you want to go bro!!!!

Call the campground and reserve a spot…I think 17 or 19 are the best couple spots there but they’re all nice,just see what they have open.

[url:1ldooun3]http://www.omba.org/[/url:1ldooun3]

Awesome info G! Thanks. Looks like I’ll be calling them to get more info. I appreciate it!

Yeah bro, Santos is awesome and ranked in the top three trails systems in FL (Santos, Alafia, Markham Park). You will have to call Reserve America at (800) 326-3521 or online at Reserve America to make reservations for Santos Campground now. They do not do this anymore from the Santos Campground Park Office anymore.

This trail system has the best beginners trails (yellow), intermediate (blue), and of course red trails (advanced to double black diamonds). Its freeride & AM park (Vortex Section) is the bomb, and I never can get enough of this area. The red trails in the Santos Section are awesome as well. Their is over 75 miles of trails in total to ride, and most being easy trails (yellow). Good luck and have a blast bro.

Just north of Santos is "The Rock" in Gainesville where Galaxy rides.

There is Hanna Park in Jacksonville which also has a campground that has some MTB trails for beginners as well, if you do not want to travel to the Gainesville/Ocala area.

On-On!

If you’re up this way, you gotta ride San Felasco! Google it, you won’t be disappointed!

"jmitch" wrote

If you’re up this way, you gotta ride San Felasco! Google it, you won’t be disappointed!

Yep, that is another one I left out that is just north of Gainesville. Good XC trails system jmitch.

Forgot to mention that the Conquistador trail is now renovated and has been lowered to a double black diamond. A little easier now but still a challenge with long climbs and awesome downhills!

Lowered to a double black diamond? From what?

While yes,that trail is fun on the downhills,it never needed a single black diamond.You sure you typed that right? Haha

San Felasco is nice,but there’s no camping.It kinda bugs me that they collect $4 per car yet I never see any trail work that reflects that.

Conquistador was 3 black diamonds until a month or so ago but I guess it depends on WHO does the rating. They’ve changed some climbs and added some flats so it could be ridden by more riders.
      As far as maintenance of the trails go, there is a work day on the second saturday of every month. FREE LUNCH included!!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.