Noob with a question on fair price.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,
      I have been riding for a little over a year now and want to upgrade from my current hardtail entry level bike to that of a full suspension one. Most of my riding buddies have FS bikes and I have come to the conclusion that getting one may be more forgiving to my now 50 yr old back. I can say that with a certain degree of confidence having demoed their FS bikes on the trails we ride. The LBS that I purchased my first bike from has a 2011 Specialized Camber Pro 26 on the showroom floor and is offering it to me for $2400.00. The bike is "brand new" and has not been used. MSRP on this bike is listed at $2899.00. I am trying to be loyal and supportive of my LBS, but $2400.00 is a big nut for me. Is this a fair price on a 2011 bike model or should he come down more than this? I’ll save up the scratch to get there if this is reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

He’s giving you $500 off on a brand-new, never-ridden bike? It sounds pretty reasonable to me, but only you can decide if that bike is worth 2,400 bones to you or not.

If I were in your shoes, I’d get a price on a ’13 Stumpjumper FSR Comp. It would probably be very close in price (maybe a couple hundred more) and you’d be getting more bike. Plus you’re not getting a 2 year old bike that’s been sitting and/or getting test ridden for the past 2-3 years.

That being said, the Camber Pro 26 IS a sweet ride and I don’t think you should have any reservations at that price point. I just personally dislike the idea of spending thousands of dollars on a new old bike…which is weird and doesn’t make much sense…I know 😄

Didn’t notice that it was a 26er… you sure you don’t want to go with a 29er?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Didn’t notice that it was a 26er… you sure you don’t want to go with a 29er?

Darned 29er bias around this forum! LOL, just kiding, I’m jealous I haven’t ridden one…

That is a pretty well equiped bike for the price. Here is a nice FS 29er for quite a bit less [url:3lrx4nok]http://www.airbornebicycles.com/products/123-hobgoblin.aspx[/url:3lrx4nok]

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.