Noob question about Freeride bikes.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Im thinking about getting a freeride KHS FR2000 but am rather torn. It seems that this bike may be a little much for me. I dont downhill often, mostly ride in Colo Springs. Then again if I get this bike I can start doing better trails 😃 . Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

KHS FR2000 is a very nice DH bike so as long as you are going on flat ground or down the slope it should be perfect…If you are primarily doing trails and are looking into doing some down hilling then I would lean towards a All Mountain type bike before you totally commit your self to down hilling…It only takes one bad wreck to convert a downhill rider to an XC rider

couple of bikes I would check out
      High Dollar 4-5k
      Kona Dawg Supreme or Dawg Primo
      Kona CoilAir 34lbs (6inch of total travel which will adjust "on the fly" with the magic link system)
      Medium Dollar 3-2.5k
      Mongoose Kyber 34lbs
      Good Deals 2k
      Haro Xeon 30lbs (I have one of these and it has been great at handling most terrain and its a tough bike to destroy)

all of these bikes listed can do some down hilling but are not so heavy that they cant handle a nice singletrack

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.

cjm

I ride C Springs from time to time and there is nothing there a SlopeStyle or an AM rig won’t destroy. Keystone and Sol Vista are the only thing near by that could require a DH/FR rig. And that is only if you are going to be riding them regularly. I would go with a SlopeStyle bike if I lived in the Springs and wanted to do some DH/FR. Travel isn’t that big of a need but SlopeStyle bikes tend to be a bit more burly and have a bit slacker of a geometry than AM bikes.

I can put a good word in for the Kona CoilAir. Just purchased one and its the best of both worlds. The magic link allows it to handle most bumps but still allows it to climb like a total XC bike.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.