nishiki colorado vs. diamondback reponse

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

which would be a better choice for XC & Trail riding?

Does Nishiki still make that bike?
      Does the company even still exist?

I personally have little faith in Diamondback. Since they have gone to that "high" level of mass production their old standard of quality has been hurt. At the very least with their low end bikes. I can’t say I know that much about Nishiki as a company though. I assume that if you are going with these bikes as options that it is a beginner bike? I always considered when I bought a bike what upgrades I would probably want and or need to make. So that should be put in the overall cost thinking. My humble opinion is that if you plan on really getting into mountain biking you should consider going a little higher with the bike quality like maybe a Specialized Rochhopper or Hardrock, some of these models aren’t much more in price and the quality I feel is better and will have less need for upgrades over at least the Diamondback Response.

I started out on a Specialized Rockhopper that I picked up used for $150. It never let me down for mountain biking all over the Colorado Front range and in Moab. I still ride it now (5 years and several thousand miles later) to commute to work.

I’d have to agree with Scout About. Although they are a well known brand, Diamondback in my opinion are of poor quality!

"MadMTB" wrote

I’d have to agree with Scout About. Although they are a well known brand, Diamondback in my opinion are of poor quality!

Did you really have to dredge up a two year old thread just to bash on Diamondback on your first post ever on this forum?

I’ve demoed Diamondbacks before and thought they were excellent. Hoping to get one in soon for a long-term review.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.