Nice day out on the Modoc trail

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Modoc is easily one of my favorite local to me trails. Rode out there last weekend, here’s some pics.

I took these:
      (that drop is way scarier looking in person I promise)

Two pics of me on a big log hop. Same log, different directions each pic.

I didn’t take this one, and it’s not me. But it’s impressive. Big step up onto the rock from the very first pic above. For a sense of scale, that’s a 29er.

Nice pics. Looks like a fun place to ride.

"dgaddis" wrote

They always do!

[quote="dgaddis"]Modoc is easily one of my favorite local to me trails. Rode out there last weekend, here’s some pics.

I took these:

that is a perfect rock to catch air off of 😄 😄

I haven’t made it out to the modoc trail yet, I’ve heard its nice. Unfortunately I’m out for a few weeks with two sprained wrists, courtesy of FATS. 😢

"bhuber" wrote

I haven’t made it out to the modoc trail yet, I’ve heard its nice. Unfortunately I’m out for a few weeks with two sprained wrists, courtesy of FATS. 😢

Ouch!! One of the whoop-de-dos throw you over the bars I’m guessing? Happens a lot out there.

Modoc is totally different than FATS. Both are fun, but in very different ways.

"dgaddis" wrote

Ouch!! One of the whoop-de-dos throw you over the bars I’m guessing? Happens a lot out there.

Thats exactly what happened. That was a long 3 mile walk back to the trail head. 😳

"bhuber" wrote

[quote="dgaddis":3aapjtu5]

Thats exactly what happened. That was a long 3 mile walk back to the trail head. 😳[/quote:3aapjtu5]

That sucks, at least it wasn’t any worse. Everybody at least comes close to going OTB at FATS. I’m guessing you put your hands out to catch yourself…I know it’s instinct, but try and remember to tuck and roll instead next time. Putting you hands/arms out is a good way to break a wrist/arm/collarbone.

I don’t always have time to think ‘tuck and roll’ but I have learned to stay on the bike and just ride it to the ground hahaha 😆 get skinned up, but less chance of breaking something.

"bhuber" wrote

I to a big hit on Brown Wave a few years back. Came home all dirt, trail rash and dripping blood from legs, arm and one side of me. My kids told me to go wash off out back with the hose. 😮

You have to go ride Modoc, lots of fun.

did you get my message on the sorba boards Dgaddis?

Ive rode Modoc once and I was quickly ate up by this trail. Gorgeous trail but it owned me. Two flats, a few slow speed spills, and a lot of walking. The climbs arent even THAT bad but I didnt have the gas to ride them.

It just means I need to saddle up and conquer. 😼

I did, but not till after I got home that afternoon. Sorry you couldn’t make it, it was a perfect day for a ride, hopefully the party was worth it haha

Modoc works you. I always enjoy the ride back to the parking lot more than the ride out. On the way out I’m not warmed up yet, so the climbs feel much harder than they actually are.

tbh, the party wasnt worth it. lol.

the climb out to the parking lot, for me, is killer. It just feels never ending. lol

Bikepanda,
      I have been riding it for a few years and always enjoyed it but a few times it really sucked all the gas out of me. When it is dry it is a lot of fun. Agree with dgaddis it is better on the way back. I always like to warn about 4 mile bridge, if it is wet it is very slick to cross.

"brianW" wrote

Bikepanda,
      I have been riding it for a few years and always enjoyed it but a few times it really sucked all the gas out of me. When it is dry it is a lot of fun. Agree with dgaddis it is better on the way back. I always like to warn about 4 mile bridge, if it is wet it is very slick to cross.

i had heard that. I only spilled at jaws, the first huck off the rock in the beginning, and washed out on a switchback.

Looks like a great place to ride, thanks for the pics !

Great pics, looks great there. I wanna learn to hop logs like that!

Very nice pics and also it is full of entertainment and hope you enjoyed riding out there and it would be a great day for you that you enjoyed well.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.