Newbie to the forum!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Good evening…

I stumbled upon this forum and decided to check it out. Great site, by the way! 😎

I grew up riding road bikes for years and years. My favorite bike back in the 70’s was my classic Raleigh Grand Prix 10 speed (remember them?).

Anyway, over the years, I had gotten out of bike riding, then got back into it, then I finally discovered mountain biking and love it. It’s great fun!

My brother-in-law (who’s in law enforcement) bought a nice Trek police bike and surprised me by giving me his old Schwinn mountain bike (Aluminum Comp – from WalMart). Now, I have read some negative things about Wally World, but let me reassure you… My brother-in-law’s old Schwinn is not just a run-of-the-mill Wally World bike. He had it upgraded with a new crank, a better Shimano derailleur, new brakes, etc… But his police dept wanted him to buy the Trek instead.

I have been out on the road getting back into riding a bike, then ventured off onto paved walkways in public parks. Then finally, I went off road onto a beginner singletrack run and had a blast! I want to read more about different trails and how to carefully negotiate tree roots, rocks, etc…

Welcome to the party!

Welcome!
      Its not what brand you ride, Just enjoy.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are hooked – just like the rest of us. Enjoy!

Welcome to the board and to this crazy sport that soon becomes a passion and quickly becomes an obsession. 😃

ODN

😃 have fun out there. I’m kind of wimpy but I still have fun 😄

Welcome, both to the site and to the MTBing world. Enjoy the trails at your own pace and maybe that old Schwinn will show ya a thing or two. This is the place to ask and get questions answered.

FlamingOtter

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.