Newbie from Ohio

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

hello all from hillsboro,ohio. I’m wanting to break out into mountain biking for getting out of the the gym and get some fresh air.
      I’m 5’6" pushing around 213 lbs. is a 29er too tall of a bike for a person my size? 😮
      I love what i’ve been reading about this bike. Thanks for the input.

Several of the manufacturers make 29ers in small. Of these I think the Specialized Rockhopper is the smallest with a 15" frame. I’m 5’8" and I have stood over a small (16" frame) Giant 29er and the boys were uncomfortable.

Depending on your inseam length, you may need to go to a fully custom frame to get a 29er that fits you. Plan on $1,300 – $2,000 for just the frame. I have a friend who is 5’4" and has a custom Lenzsport full suspension 29er that fits her really well.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with riding a decent 26er that fits you well.

thanks

Welcome Ohio! I’m from the Wooster area, just west of Akron. I’ve been in Florida for the last 5 years and I can’t wait to hit Vulcher’s knob when I go back.

A little late here, but I’m 5′ 7" and am riding a 16" Airborne Goblin 29er, and it fits great! Solid value, too

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.