Newbie from Central FL

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all! Name is Brian, im from Lakeland, FL – im new to mountain biking (well a veteran of 1 month) 😉 been on the trail a few times, and have thoroughly enjoyed it…my first bike, after tons of research and comparisons is a Giant Rincon ( ’08 ) – i love it…im a ‘clydesdale’ rider @ 280 6’3" so its been tough off the bat, but im getting better with each trip and enjoying it more and more…

great forums here and look forward to being around a while…

😃

Whats up man and welcome to the madness! I myself am another n00b from the melbourne area. I certainly hope you havent been inundated with all this god foresaken rain we’ve been getting on the east coast.

Hello Brian (‘smitty24’)!

Welcome aboard Singletracks from a fellow Floridian (Melbourne, FL). It is a pleasure to have you aboard and it is always a pleasure meeting a fellow MTBR from FL, no matter if a seasoned MTBR or not. Good choice in a MTB by far, and will serve you well. MTB’ing is a very addictive sport by far and I will love it until my last breath. 😄 BTW, what trails have you rode in your area? Alafia, Balm Boyette, Carter, Santos, Croom, Bridges, etc. etc.??

thanks for the greetings! so far ive only rode Carter, but like i said, im still green, so ill practice and get more familliar with how to control the bike (uphill, downhill, over jumps, etc…) then take it to other trails…also itll give me time to get a hitch put on my car so i can ditch the cheesy trunk rack…anyways, have a great day – i know ill be wishing i was riding instead of sitting at my job….

i will definitely have to go check out Alafia when i get some free time.. sounds like a mix that has something for everyone…thanks for the recommendation!

Hey, welcome to Singletracks!

My wife is from Tampa, and I lived there for a good portion of my life (MacDill, Brandon, & North Tampa).

Never did any riding there though, although Linz bought her Fisher Hi-Fi from Carrolwood Bicycle Emporium (in Tampa on N. Dale Mabry). However, I did see something that I thought would be very fun to ride on a DJ or freeride rig.

Check out Edward Menard State Park, which is just outside of Valrico on SR.60. Near the main parking area there’s some really far-out dirt mounds & IIRC trails. If you’re in the area, it might be worth exploring.

Welcome to the Forum – and the addiction. Must be something in the water, you Florida riders are popping up everywhere. Great sport/activity – have a blast. 😀

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.