Newb to the forum

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello my name is Smitty and I am a gravity sled junkie. 😃

Although after being on a few trails here in Great Falls the need for a more all mountain/freeride bike is a must.

Current ride is a 2005 Giant DH Comp with many upgrades.

USAF for last 20 years, ready to retire when the next job comes along.

I have a small Mtn Bike forum that I started with a group of riders in Germany, http://www.b40huckers.com and now most of us are in the USA.

Thats about it.

Smitty

Welcome back to the US B40. Thanks for spending the last 20 years keeping us safe here. 😀 Bet theres some pretty good riding in Montana, downhill or cross-country. Enjoy!

Hey B40Huckers,that’s great you are hooked up here on singletracks.com,any service man or women on this web site is a very welcome honor.And that’s really great you are interested in an all mountain/trail bike,I ride trail/all mountain so you can guess where my excitment comes from on that topic,hahaha.well,just wanted to say hey and hope you like it here on singltrack.com.Oh yeah,there’s a dude called Bomberdier on here,I think you two will get along since he served in germany also. steve32300

Thanks for the welcome fellas, I will enjoy this site for sure.
      Took the DH for a ride here yesterday and damn thing does not pedal up hill well at all. lol
      Think I am going to try and trade in for a Giant Reign 6.0 as I think it will be a better all purpose bike for me.

Welcome to Singletracks, B40!

Yeh, I was in Germany (Mannheim) for 3 years as mentioned. Cut my teeth on mountainbiking while I was there.

I recently demo’ed a ReignX, and I gotta say…. it’s a sweet ride. Even with 6.7" of travel, it pedals very well uphill. Much better than my 40lb Nomad. 😏

Hello and thanks, yeah I think the Reign is the way to go for me.
      I am from Pueblo Co so you are close to where I grew up…I miss it thats for sure.

As for Germany its where I cut my teeth in DH, also cut my shins, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, skull…ha ha yeah I am accident prone. 😃

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.