New to this whole deal.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, My names benjamin and im still just a teenager, so I don’t wanna to get too hurt too fast. I’m looking for any good suggestions on stuff to do and wear so I don’t get real hurt. I still wanna have fun, and don’t wanna look like an uncool version of iron man when i cruise down the street 😃.. All comments welcome.

Thanks

1. Helmet.

2. Helmet!

3. HELMET!!!

4. Gloves (for comfort and when you have to bail).

5. I guess anything past this is optional. You can wear basic knee and elbow pads. Others wear some kind of shin guards, too. If you’re hitting big jumps or drops or you’re bombing hills, wear more, but if you’re trails are of the less intense variety, the helmet and gloves should be enough.

Lets start off with what area you live in and what kind of bike you have. These will be the first two keys for good advice. We don’t want to send you bombing down a killer trail on a Huffy. :?:

if youre bombing down a hill on a huffy or a next i want to see video! wear a helmet as well 😀

I have more to say on this.

Looking cool should be the least of your worries. Being able to ride each week or each day is the goal. When you feel safe and secure, you’ll have the most fun because you won’t have to worry about getting wrecked all the time.

When I used to skateboard (longboarding, downhill, very fast) I always felt WAY better with gloves, helmet and pads than without any of those. Food for thought.

but why cant he get cool looking gloves, and a cool looking helmet?

Of course he can do that, but I got a "protection is inherently uncool" vibe.

on the single track all the helmet less folk are pretty uncool. And on a side note on my trails ive been seeing helmetless, shirtless wearing jeanshort guys alot which is confusing to me.

i dont want other riders to vomit so I keep my shirt on and I always wear a helmet on trails so I dont have to use leaves and pine straw to keep my brain from falling out.

However, on the greeneway or our canal ride, I dont wear a helmet bc I am usually working on pedaling and staying below 7 mph.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m getting a new helmet and gloves. I ride a GT avalanche with tektro disc brakes. I didn’t mean to send out a protection was uncool vibe, but I would feel kind of stupid riding around in circles in my culdesac with full motocross armor 😀

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.