New to the GTA – looking for trails

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Can anyone help? I am just here from Frankfurt in Germany and once my bike is out of the shop next weekend i am looking to make use of the last of the summer.

Where are the best places to ride with some climbing?

Thanks

Hey,

Are you mobile?
      Do you have a GPS?
      Lots of good places to ride in Southern Ontario, Downtown Toronto?

Hi

thanks for the reply, yes I am mobile and have a GPS (Garmin), no maps of the area but if you have a route or track it would be excellent.

I tried some riding in the Bronte creek area last weekend, not so long distances or hard but a bit twisty and narrow in places and someone has put some jumps in. I am thinking it will be not so easy as in Frankfurt to find good cross country rides, there I just left the house and was immediately in 200 sq KM of forests.

Thnaks

Andy

Cool!
      You are set!

check out this part of this site

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bi … 9&x=35&y=7

It has GPX files yu can download to your Garmin. Kelso is great, The don is downtown toronto so you could come into the city do stuff and then go biking, the trails are very well worn but still fun.
      My favorite is in the Muskoka called Buckwallow, not much climbing but really well designed trails you can do the whole thing in 3hrs

Check out:

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/trails-aroun … 28crx.aspx

for reviews and places near you and GPS coordinates, watch out for the dates on some of the reviews as some are no longer current therfore may not be rideble

A

Thanks for the links 😃

You could pick up Biker Mel’s Guide to Trails in Ontario …It is available at Sporting Life in Toronto there are about 30 trails in the book as well as trail maps…Not bad if your going to be riding around Ontario….

thanks I’ll look this weekend

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.