New to the Forum – Nishiki 26" ??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello!
      New to the forum and im looking to purchasing my first bike. I’ve been looking for awhile to find a quality used full suspension mountain bike to purchase to see how i even like it.

I was scouring some online ads and came across this Used Nishiki Full suspension mountain bike. I dont know a whole lot of specs on it but im hoping to attach some photos of it if i can figure it out. It’s deffinitly not a Dicks sporting goods bike, as it has nice Rock Shox Tora front forks and im unsure of the rear shock (Rock Shox as well) It come with two sets of rims and tires and looks to have barely been ridden. Its a white frame with no other markings according to the owner (who bought off of original owner).[url:1zydy23k]https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/4858276246.html[/url:1zydy23k]

Here is the listing. Please let me know what you all think.

"tblankenship87" wrote

Hello!
      New to the forum and im looking to purchasing my first bike. I’ve been looking for awhile to find a quality used full suspension mountain bike to purchase to see how i even like it.

Welcome!

"tblankenship87" wrote

I was scouring some online ads and came across this Used Nishiki Full suspension mountain bike. I dont know a whole lot of specs on it but im hoping to attach some photos of it if i can figure it out. It’s deffinitly not a Dicks sporting goods bike, as it has nice Rock Shox Tora front forks and im unsure of the rear shock (Rock Shox as well)

We can safely assume it is from Dicks, since they’re the only store licensed to sell the bike in the U.S. You can also assume that the RS sticker on the back of the seatstay is the sticker that came with the fork or shock when the owner upgraded 😀

"tblankenship87" wrote

It come with two sets of rims and tires and looks to have barely been ridden. Its a white frame with no other markings according to the owner (who bought off of original owner).[url:1vk5yujj]https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/4858276246.html[/url:1vk5yujj]

The model is a Wasatch, if you want to do a bit of Googling for reviews and specs and the bike originally sold new for about $250. The fork and shock update get you closer to the asking price. The second set of rims are likely because he upgraded because they were flexy like a limp noodle. They shouldn’t be considered a plus to the cost of the bike because you would never want to ride them and there’s 0 market for ultra low-end wheels. Unfortunately, the images aren’t large enough for me to tell what the brakes, drivetrain and rims are. I tried this route with a leadsled KHS. After upgrading the fork, shock and rims, I still had a bike that handled like a pig. I sold it for $400 on CL, which was less than I had in upgraded parts on it.

It’s not a screaming deal and it’s not highway robbery but IMHO it’s not a fair asking price. The seller is hoping to get what the bike is worth in parts, which doesn’t happen in the world of used bikes. Personally, I’d hold out. I found a Jamis Dakar with all upgraded parts on CL last night for $350. I saw a Giant Yukon FX for $150. The deals show up, if you’re willing to be patient.

"schwim" wrote

[quote="tblankenship87":17vijscn]Hello!

Welcome!

"tblankenship87" wrote

I was scouring some online ads and came across this Used Nishiki Full suspension mountain bike. I dont know a whole lot of specs on it but im hoping to attach some photos of it if i can figure it out. It’s deffinitly not a Dicks sporting goods bike, as it has nice Rock Shox Tora front forks and im unsure of the rear shock (Rock Shox as well)

We can safely assume it is from Dicks, since they’re the only store licensed to sell the bike in the U.S. You can also assume that the RS sticker on the back of the seatstay is the sticker that came with the fork or shock when the owner upgraded 😀

"tblankenship87" wrote

It come with two sets of rims and tires and looks to have barely been ridden. Its a white frame with no other markings according to the owner (who bought off of original owner).[url:17vijscn]https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/4858276246.html[/url:17vijscn]

The model is a Wasatch, if you want to do a bit of Googling for reviews and specs and the bike originally sold new for about $250. The fork and shock update get you closer to the asking price. The second set of rims are likely because he upgraded because they were flexy like a limp noodle. They shouldn’t be considered a plus to the cost of the bike because you would never want to ride them and there’s 0 market for ultra low-end wheels. Unfortunately, the images aren’t large enough for me to tell what the brakes, drivetrain and rims are. I tried this route with a leadsled KHS. After upgrading the fork, shock and rims, I still had a bike that handled like a pig. I sold it for $400 on CL, which was less than I had in upgraded parts on it.

It’s not a screaming deal and it’s not highway robbery but IMHO it’s not a fair asking price. The seller is hoping to get what the bike is worth in parts, which doesn’t happen in the world of used bikes. Personally, I’d hold out. I found a Jamis Dakar with all upgraded parts on CL last night for $350. I saw a Giant Yukon FX for $150. The deals show up, if you’re willing to be patient.[/quote:17vijscn]

Thanks for the welcome! And i most deffinitly appreciate the info, as I was searching all night last trying to find this bike… But makes sense that someone would have just upgraded the bike. I was thinking that maybe someone moved to america and brought an "original" with them. Well with all that you’ve told me I think I’ll pass..

Thanks again!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.