New to mountain biking and forums…

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, I’m Carlos basically I’m new to biking… I’m an avid runner however due to some injuries i sustained while deployed to Afghanistan… I have now moved to the biking realm…Tomorrow I pick up new beginner bike after some quick reviews and browsing several shops in my area.. I Decided to Purchase the FELT Q20… hard tail…. I hoping with this forum I can network find nice spots to ride in maybe find other in the area that enjoy riding also….

Little about me:

24 years old
      Study at the University of Massachusetts (now full time student)
      Seven years in the US Army as an Infantryman and Scout (three combat tours)
      Lived in, PR, MN, IL, MA, FL and now back to MA
      Love to run
      Love Cars
      New to Bikes
      I like to stay active

Any feedback from the community will be very appreciated

FELT Q520****

Welcome Carlos!

Glad you found us, and thank you for your service!

Which UMass are you at?

I haven’t done much riding in MA, but from what I understand, there is a fair amount of good stuff around Boston.

I have ridden out at Robinson State Park, out near Springfield. Definitely some good trails out that way. And I know western MA has a lot of stuff in the Berkshires.

Hey man, welcome back States-side, and thank you for serving!

Your #1 best resource in Massachusetts for mountain biking is NEMBA – The New England Mountain Bike Association. Check out http://www.nemba.org to learn more. There are chapters all over the state, and they offer ride clinics, group rides, networking, etc. Absolutely awesome.

There’s also a LOT of mountain biking in Massachusetts if you know where to look. This site has a ton of great trails, and I’ve ridden a good chunk and haven’t gotten bored yet! I keep finding more, frankly!

Let us know what UMass you’re at now (Amherst has some great woodsy areas near it!) and I’m sure we can point you to some good trails!

New England biking is bouncy – not a ton of smooth trails around, but that’s part of the joy.

Cheers!

Thank You… Right now I’m at Umass Boston… Working on a Criminal Justice Degree…. I appreciate the information I’ll look into those areas for riding… as well the web site

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.