New to biking

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everybody i’m new to mountain biking and i was looking for some pointers on what to look for for my first bike. I got into biking as a summer job up in Colorado at a sumer camp and decided to look for some single track down here when i got home. I think the little big econ will be my first trail seeing as it’s about 15-20minutes from my house.

Anyway any pointers on brands of bike types would be very appreciated. I’m looking to spend anywhere from 500-700$ tops, and and suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance guys

Welcome jake. You are lucky to live so close to trails man. I definately envy that. 😮

well thank you

Welcome to Singletracks glad to have you aboard I am sure you gonna have fun…Thats a good price point to be at for a hardtail.

Which ever bike you do end up choosing make sure you ride it and it feels good.. Don’t let someone try to convince you in getting a bike that is either to big or small for your body size… If anything if your not sure what size to get. Check out the manufactures websites, they usually have a sizing chart that will give you a good idea what size fits you best.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum JakeC. Good luck on finding that bike. You should be able to find a pretty good hardtail in that price range. Cool that you got to taste some of that Colorado singletrack before going back to Florida. One of my dream ride areas. Now you still have some of that cool stuff in Florida to ride. Enjoy!

summer job up in Colorado at a sumer camp

Welcome Jakec,which camp were you at?I did a stint up at camp santa maria one year a dozen or so years ago and it was pretty cool,just never went back to do anymore.Anyways,it’s good to have ya here on singletracks.

Wow here is what i think is a great deal man for example
      http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct … 8015&cat=3

C’mon !! you know you will always find a way to find that extra 100 – 200 bucks 😆

"jakeC" wrote

Hey everybody i’m new to mountain biking and i was looking for some pointers on what to look for for my first bike. I got into biking as a summer job up in Colorado at a sumer camp and decided to look for some single track down here when i got home. I think the little big econ will be my first trail seeing as it’s about 15-20minutes from my house.

Anyway any pointers on brands of bike types would be very appreciated. I’m looking to spend anywhere from 500-700$ tops, and and suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance guys

Hey, Welcome to the Singletracks World…….this sport is very addictive, so be very careful……if not careful you will find yourself in very deep and can’t get enough of the trails….. 😆 😆 😆 😆 ….. however its great exercise compared to be sitting on the couch watching the tube…..
      Check out Cannondale which I have and have been very happy, also check out Trek & Specialized……do some shopping and ask questions to find the ride that you would be happy with……good luck

Hello…I’m new to the sport as well and I know the wide selection of bikes can be a bit daunting.
      I bought a Specialized Hardrock disc and have been very happy with it so far. I’ve taken it down some fairly rough, if not overly technical, trails here in North Carolina and it has been awesome. I paid 470 bucks which was about as low a price as I could find for a bike with a disc brake, which is a must if you want to stop in the mud or the wet.
      $500 was at the top of my price range, though. Another bike I saw that really impressed me with its features and quality workmanship was the Giant Rincon. It was only about $100 more and most of the components were an upgrade from the Hardrock, so it seemed like a good deal. I’m just going to have to get a piece here and there and hot rod it myself.
      Have fun.

its my 2nd year mtb and i have a giant rincon 08 model for 400 dollars with disc brakes it was the best deal i think the 09 models r around 500

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bik … 280/32123/

Man that’s an awesome deal on the Rincon. For that price I would definitely have capitalized. No worries though, let’s just have a good time Yipee KI-yay!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.