New tires: Kenda Excavators

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m no techie by any means, but I’m learning more and more about the inner- and outer-workings of my mountain bike as time goes on. Riding in New England, there’s plenty of roots and leaves to wash out on, and I’ve always found I slide far more than my rider buddies.

On my last ride, I glanced down at my tires and realized the tread on my stock 2010 Trek Fuel 5 WTB tires is almost gone. Lots of rounded down edges, and methinks I’ve found the culprit… 😮

So after a bit of research, and a great price, I ordered a par of Kenda Excavator 2.1 DTC rubbers today for my bike. I’m 5’11" and 190lbs, and I ride with energy. Definitely a typical XC rider – no big downhills, and no epic climbs in New England — just lots of roots, dirt, bumpy rocks, some hucks, rolls, and plenty of water crossings. The reviews on the Kendas all rave on the traction of the tire, which is a huge seller to me, and the complaints tend to be focused on slower rolling speed on hard pack… of which there isn’t much of around here.

Can I get some opinions from you knowledgable cats on my purchase, as well as if I should have a different tire in the front or rear?

Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.