New Tire help needed on my ex 8

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everyone I need some experienced advice . I have a 2011 ex 8 and am looking to change tires . The stock ones have dumped me in wet conditions one too many times.
      The stock Bonty 2.20 xr3 has plenty of room front and rear .Will the 2.35 and 2.50 Kenda nevegal fit without rubbing? Or is the WTB weirwolf a better tire ?? I ride very mixed terrain with rocky and root infested hills all of the time . Thanks in advance for the help

I’d recommend the Maxxis Ardent, the Nevegal rolls really slowly, IMO. No experience with the Weirwolf, I currently have Mutano 2.4s. VT is rocks, roots, and mud, and the Mutano is surprisingly good.

I will check it out ,honestly all tires Ive rode a slow rollin at low pressure , is that the norm?

Depends. My Nevegals were really slow at 25psi, the Ardent was noticeably faster rolling at 23psi, and my Mutanoraptors are even faster than the Ardent at 23psi. Some rubber compounds and tread designs are faster than others.

i have a fuel ex 6 2010 and i ride 2.10 nevegal up front and 2.10 small block 8 in the rear, it helps me climb, yet keeps the wheels rolling great! ive never had issues with the sidewalls ripping or anything. i Ride in all types of terrain. It truly has made a world of difference. The stock tires need to go!

IMO i would NOT use 2.35 on a fuel ex and Most def not at 2.50. it sounds like you want to get into some major DH. the trek Remedy would fit a .35 much better

I also ride my PSI right around 40 a little under!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.