New Ride

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I just bought a brand new specialized MTB and I want to start training to be able to do some racing. Does anyone have any good sites or ideas on how I can train for and get my self up to racing standards? I appreciate it! Looking forward to learning from you all and working hard!

Thanks again!

I’m a big fan of James Wilson’s MTB Strength Training program. Best thing to do, however, is ride and ride and ride!

Also search around for a video called Fabien Barel AM Skills. It’s a series dedicated to showing you how to master various techniques for climbing, descending, cornering, etc. Great video by an incredible rider.

If you want to increase your endurance then ride until you are very exhausted today, then tomorrow, ride that same distance and a little more.
      If you want to get better at technical terrain then you’ve got to practice. There is no other way to get better. In order to make your practice the most beneficial then it would be best if you had a friend with you who could watch what you are doing, and so you could watch what they are doing. It also helps if your friend is better than you, so if you are going on a trail together you will be forced keep his pace.

Sweet thanks I appreciate the replies!

"Lpwn_Ranger" wrote

If you want to increase your endurance then ride until you are very exhausted today, then tomorrow, ride that same distance and a little more.

Best way to get you muscles sore

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.