New MTB’er from Wisconsin

Forums Mountain Bike Forum New MTB’er from Wisconsin

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      My name is Aaron. I dove into the world of mountain biking earlier this year and now I am hooked. I am slowly working on my skills and have made a bunch of progress. Hope to start doing a couple races next year. I am from the West Central Wisconsin area and I am very lucky so have such awesome trails within a short drive such as Levis Mound. Singletracks has also been a big help for reviews and information!

Welcome to the forums man! There are a bunch of great guys on here with a wealth of information to share.

Nice! Levis Mounds is where I learned to mountain bike… Dean Glaze is the guy that got me into the sport (one of the guys that has helped build Levis from the ground up) and his best friend, Steve Meurett, (the genius behind Levis) was my track coach and photography teacher in high school. Also rode with him a good bit too.

Levis is a great place to learn to ride: great variety of conditions, and there used to be some very technical sections, although I think they’ve been tamed down in recent years.

Where exactly do you live?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

my track coach and photography teacher in high school

Wait, Syd, did you hear that? Greg had a photography teacher in high school! 😀

Wisconsin has high schools? 😼

"maddslacker" wrote

Wisconsin has high schools? 😼

Says the guy from Maine, I might add … 😆

@mtbgreg1
      I live in Eau Claire. I am about an hour from Levis Mound. Wish I had more free time to go ride there more… There are actually quite a few nice little trails very close to me. I’ve been slowly trying to explore them all… I am originally from La Crosse. There are some pretty killer trails up in the bluffs.

@maddslacker
      Careful on the Wisconsin comments. 😉
      Maine? Isn’t that part of Canada now? 😃

"ablack84" wrote

@mtbgreg1
      I live in Eau Claire. I am about an hour from Levis Mound. Wish I had more free time to go ride there more… There are actually quite a few nice little trails very close to me. I’ve been slowly trying to explore them all… I am originally from La Crosse. There are some pretty killer trails up in the bluffs.

@maddslacker
      Maine? Isn’t that part of Canada now? 😃

Right on. I’ve never had a chance to ride in Eau Claire but I hear there’s some good stuff there. I have ridden La Crosse before, but it’s been quite a few years. My brother is going to school down at UWLAX, and my sister is at UWEC. Nice to see someone on here from home!

"ablack84" wrote

Yep, they are a little touchy these days

@mtbgreg1
      That’s pretty cool. Small world. If you ever come back to this area to ride, let me know.

Viewing 9 reply threads