New MTB Race team in Santa Cruz, CA

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The high school-aged racing team phenomenon is spreading:

There is a new team sport in our area that is making an impact on the lives of the boys involved as its first season gets underway.

The Santa Cruz Mountains Cycling Team (SCMCT) competed in its first race of the season on Feb. 26 at Granite Bay, near Folsom, Calif. The Granite Bay Challenge had over 600 mountain bike racers from around the state participating.

“The team killed it,” said Andrew Cavaletto, team coach and professional downhill bicycle racer. “The boys didn’t look like beginners to me. I was so proud. They made the newly formed SCMCT community proud.”

There is a new team sport in our area that is making an impact on the lives of the boys involved as its first season gets underway.

The Santa Cruz Mountains Cycling Team (SCMCT) competed in its first race of the season on Feb. 26 at Granite Bay, near Folsom, Calif. The Granite Bay Challenge had over 600 mountain bike racers from around the state participating.

“The team killed it,” said Andrew Cavaletto, team coach and professional downhill bicycle racer. “The boys didn’t look like beginners to me. I was so proud. They made the newly formed SCMCT community proud.”

I love this line:

Now that the season is in full swing, the boys wear their team jerseys to school on the day before races. This is turning a few heads at school and bringing positive attention to the new mountain biking team.

I can just imagine the brightly-colored biking jerseys in the school hallways…

Read more here: http://scottsvalley.patch.com/articles/ … eague-race

Not really much of a surprise that a Santa Cruz-based team is already taking a lot of podium spots!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

I love this line:

Now that the season is in full swing, the boys wear their team jerseys to school on the day before races. This is turning a few heads at school and bringing positive attention to the new mountain biking team.

I can just imagine the brightly-colored biking jerseys in the school hallways…

That’s awesome. I’m guessing that’s what the other sports teams do also. A great way to get the sport out there.

You mean they don’t wear their cotton t-shirts? :?:

"maddslacker" wrote

You mean they don’t wear their cotton t-shirts? :?:

If I raced on a team, I’d wear a jersey also. Since I don’t, I’ll stick to my dri-fit clothes I can wear elsewhere ;)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.