New mountain bike enthusiast!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

what’s up everybody, just wanted to drop in and say hi. i bought a trek 4300 labor day weekend and fell in love instantly. i come from a motorcross, motorcycle background. for financial reasons i’ve had to give up both and i believe it was all for the best as i’ve found a real passion for mountain biking. i love the site, lots a great people here. i live close to bear creek park and hit that up almost every weekend. i’ve ridden around rampart resevior and thought that was the most amazing thing i’d ever done lol. i tried to find the green mountain/colorado trail last weekend but couldn’t find it. i found road 543 but didn’t see 550. i’ll be heading back this coming weekend since i won’t be as pressed for time and have a better idea of where to look. i’ve got several rides planned and am hoping to be able to afford to pick up some cold weather gear soon. anyways, glad to be here!

lol i should probably mention that i live in colorado springs, colorado

Yo Trekdude,welcome to singletracks and mtn’biking.I am in Arvada,or Denver as the crow fly’s.That’s cool you switched over and are happy.where ya ridin this weekend??How is the weather down there in the springs??

Welcome man, glad to hear you love the site. It really is a nice helpful place. Take a good look around at the reviews and check out some photos. There’s much more to do than just looking up trails.

"steve32300" wrote

Yo Trekdude,welcome to singletracks and mtn’biking.I am in Arvada,or Denver as the crow fly’s.That’s cool you switched over and are happy.where ya ridin this weekend??How is the weather down there in the springs??

i’m planning to man, i think this weekend is supposed to be in the mid 50s. its crappy down here right now though. i haven’t made plans on where to ride yet but my goal every weekend is to get out for at least a couple hours saturday and sunday

"Asfyxiate" wrote

Welcome man, glad to hear you love the site. It really is a nice helpful place. Take a good look around at the reviews and check out some photos. There’s much more to do than just looking up trails.

yeah this place is incredible, so much cool stuff! i really like the idea of being a part of a community that is as into mountain biking as i am 😃

Welcome to the Party, I envy your local! It’s a great place to be

Hey there, I’m with ya. I used to mountain bike years back and had a 4300, which was a great bike then, so when I started getting back into it this year I got another. The new 2010 bikes are great! I sure love mine. And I came from motocross too (still ride street bike) and have to admit that I love MTB a bit more.

I also wish I was out where you are, there are probably a ton more great trails to ride.

Hey man just stopping by to say welcome!!

thanks for the welcomes everybody!

Welcome man! I have a 4300 also that I started off on- awesome starter bike for sure.
      I think the best thing about this sport is the awesome scenery and places you can see- it’s kinda corny, but it’s an awesome way to get in touch with nature.
      Being that you are in Colorado (lucky!), you are close to a LOT of awesome riding. I was in Fruita in May, and the trails out there are awesome. I live in flat Florida, but we have a couple nice parks around here.
      Again, welcome, and enjoy!

^thanks man, next time you’re in CO i might be able to recommend some trails for ya as i gain more experience

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.