New Member…switchback ?’s

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I live near Lock 4 in Gallatin TN. I have been riding since last fall. I ride a Cannondale Feminine F5 hardtail and i love the bike! I am having the most problems with switchbacks. There is one in particular that I always fall on or put a foot down and slow to a crawl to get around. It’s also at a decline and I have been know to hit my brakes too hard and flip over my handlebars on it. Which is why I have switched to the slow and foot down method. I am switching to clipless and the way I’m turning on it now just isn’t going to cut it. I am looking for all the help I can get. Thank you all in advance!

Thank you for welcoming me , that really is a great video! I am going to be studying it religiously!

Also, someone else suggested trackstands on another forum. I believe I am going to work on that tonight after work. As long as the weather holds up here in TN

hey i am having trouble with sharp switchbacks as well i think i know the exact ones on lock 4 you are talking about i am in the nashville area and like to ride lock 4

"roxiemichelle" wrote

Thank you for welcoming me , that really is a great video! I am going to be studying it religiously!

Also, someone else suggested trackstands on another forum. I believe I am going to work on that tonight after work. As long as the weather holds up here in TN

the weather is not looking good but hopefully tommorow and the rest of the week will be good

[[/quote]
      the weather is not looking good but hopefully tommorow and the rest of the week will be good[/quote]

I decided, I was going to practice the trackstand in my Kitchen. Here is a great link on how to get started. http://www.teamestrogen.com/content/asa_trackstand This is what I’m going to do when I get home today 😃

looks cool i will have to try it out tonight but today the weather is looking good i might go ride lock 4 or shutes branch

"CrazyTaylor" wrote

looks cool i will have to try it out tonight but today the weather is looking good i might go ride lock 4 or shutes branch

I practiced it two days in a row and I think I was a little better last night at it. Did you see by the shoreline on BLT 14 where the tree went down? I was wondering if it was rerouted yet. That was the area that I started this whole thread about.

no i ended up riding shutes branch instead i will get out to lock 4 towards the end of the week how long did you practice the trackstand

I practiced for 45 mins. or so on the first day and about 20 min. yesterday. It was dry enough that I able to practice in my driveway. The key is finding a slight incline to practice on. Even the tiniest of slopes help. They have some good videos on Youtube also. I think it’s different to do a trackstand on a Mountain Bike vs. Road Bike.

yeah i am going to try it tonight till i get it then this weekend try and use it on the trail when are you going to lock 4 this weekend?

I’m actually not. I’m going out of town this weekend. I’m sure I’ll see ya out there some other time! Good luck with the trackstand stuff.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.