New in Williamsport PA

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I’m getting back into mountain biking and I’m looking for places to ride and people to ride with in and around Williamsport, PA. I’m going to school over at Penn College though I’m originally from VA.

Find any MTBers yet?
      We ride near Rauchtown and Farrensville mostly.
      Rauchtown "Nail Trail" has a variety of things going on…Single-track, uphill, technical, double track, dirt road, logs and small rock gardens. It’s a multiple loop system with 10-14+ miles.
      Farrensville starts out with a 5-mile climb up a dirt road then ends with an almost all downhill 6 miler.
      We normaly start biking in spring into late fall.
      Also in the area is RB Winter SP, Crystal Lake, Rider Park, Rothrock SP, Eagleton and Black Moshannon SP.

Cory

you walk, I laugh

Saw your post. I am interested in riding in Central PA area. I am familiar with RB Winter,State College area. I would be interested in investigating the rest of Central PA.

I am an intermediate to advance rider mostly single speed.

Mark

Thanks guys, I’d definitely be interested in riding on the weekends or friday afternoons once the weather gets about 35 degrees or above. I’ve ridden in R.B Winter.

I’m an intermediate rider and I ride a 2010 Kona Fire Mountain. I don’t go at a particularly fast pace except on DH or smooth single track.

We ride near Rauchtown and Farrensville mostly

Hi, HuckXC…

I am originally from Lock Haven, and I get back to the area frequently. I have always been curious about the Farrandsville area, and heard about this. Is the trail head off of the Carrier Rd?

I would love to check it out sometime.

Thanks – Mike

Farrensville holds a motorcycle Trials event once a year. Not sure of the date, but if you come to the area to ride this trail, this would be a key weekend to hit it. 2 wheelers of all kinds……Keyword lookup "Trials Durty Dabbers"
      Yes Maggs, it’s off the Carrier Rd marked "DHT". Follow the trail back to Farrensville.

Hands down to you SSers
      I know you all have facebook…message me with a link, so we can keep intouch about riding.

Thanks

nice information given in this thread
      ==========
      webicon

Don’t forget da mOOn near Wilkes Barre(worth the drive)

[url:tsng7kd6]http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com[/url:tsng7kd6]

Hey,

Mountain biker in Willpo – looking for a crew to ride with. I’m fairly new at the sport but have all the gear and can keep up with most riders.

Hit me up – thanks

We are back biking again this year. Try to get out twice a week. If you know where Rauchtown is and can ride week days around 5- 5:30. Your invited…
      We have been doing some trail cleaning and plan on hitting Moon Lake soon for a weekend ride. We also like the Gripps area and hit it a few times a year.

Hey,

I am also looking for new place to Mt Bike around the Williamsport area. plus people to ride with. I’ve been mt biking for about 2 years. i can ride every day after 5pm. hit me up.

Good trails.

I am spending more and more time in the Williamsport area. I am always looking for people to mountain bike with and new trails to ride. I can usually hang with most riding groups but it has been a long time since I had race-legs. Please message me if you are heading out an want some company. I am moving to Williamsport in October.

"MakarskiJA" wrote

I’m getting back into mountain biking and I’m looking for places to ride and people to ride with in and around Williamsport, PA. I’m going to school over at Penn College though I’m originally from VA.

Water company land tract,close,DYNAMO riding.

Hard core MTB’s peddlers tend to keep it a secret spot.

ping me @ [email protected] for my cell #. (insert water company in the subject line)

Gary

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.