New Here -Great site!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Haven’t done much mountain biking this past decade, but I used to do a fair amount. I dragged my "new" bike out and am working on getting it trail worthy (probably asphalt-ready for a while -way out of shape here) by cleaning, lubing, replacing rotted tires and so forth. My bike is a Pro Flex 555, that I must admit, didn’t ride too much before slipping out of mountain biking more than 10 years ago. I still have my Nishiki Pinnacle from the late 80s that I really loved and rode a lot. The Pro Flex was my jump to a suspension bike that seemed important to have for my second trip to Moab back in the mid 90s, but that I never really felt good on. At that time I was settling back in my home town, starting a new job, new house, got back into running and never made the switch to suspension. The bikes gathered dust. Fast forward 15 years and I’ve got a wife, kids, 35 extra pounds, very little desire to be a runner and memories of how much fun it was to mountain bike. I also believe that it’s got to be near the top of the list for the conditioning activities you can do. My plan is to ride Pro Flex and get into some kind of shape, have fun and maybe restore the Nishiki some time after I get some legs back. Probably more than anyone wanted to know about me -it’s good to be here though.

Hey coop923,welcome to singletracks dude,and welcome back to mtn biking.Throw up some pics of the bikes and jump on in here,sounds like you’ve been away way too long from mtn biking,hahahahahaha.I’m steve and glad to have ya here,you’ll have to tell us how much mtn biking has changed since you last rode..

"coop923" wrote

Haven’t done much mountain biking this past decade, but I used to do a fair amount. I dragged my "new" bike out and am working on getting it trail worthy (probably asphalt-ready for a while -way out of shape here) by cleaning, lubing, replacing rotted tires and so forth. My bike is a Pro Flex 555, that I must admit, didn’t ride too much before slipping out of mountain biking more than 10 years ago. I still have my Nishiki Pinnacle from the late 80s that I really loved and rode a lot. The Pro Flex was my jump to a suspension bike that seemed important to have for my second trip to Moab back in the mid 90s, but that I never really felt good on. At that time I was settling back in my home town, starting a new job, new house, got back into running and never made the switch to suspension. The bikes gathered dust. Fast forward 15 years and I’ve got a wife, kids, 35 extra pounds, very little desire to be a runner and memories of how much fun it was to mountain bike. I also believe that it’s got to be near the top of the list for the conditioning activities you can do. My plan is to ride Pro Flex and get into some kind of shape, have fun and maybe restore the Nishiki some time after I get some legs back. Probably more than anyone wanted to know about me -it’s good to be here though.

Welcome back coop. Glad you are making the move to get back on the bike. Got out of running and on to a mountain bike myself a while back when my knees and ankles said no no-no-go-go-go. It was a good move cause I ride way more than I ran and like it better. Not knocking the old school bikes (cause thats where it all started) but you will be amazed at some of the high tech stuff rolling around out there these days. Again welcome to the forum and keep us posted on how its going. CCR

Welcome back to biking and welcome to the forum coop. I’m relatively new to the site, but got addicted to it and visit pretty much daily now. I guess it fills the void of not being able to ride daily… 😃

There’s a ton of info here, and if you can’t find what you are looking for, just ask. Someone will be happy to provide an answer.

Thanks everyone! Here’s a couple pictures of my relic bikes:

The Nishiki Pinnacle I bought used in 1989 and really liked. I loved the geometry and the way it handled. I would like to restore it at some point, or make it into a pavement trainer-type bike. I always thought the metal flake camo paint job was cool too.

[img][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z227/coop923/IMG_0945.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

The Pro Flex Is what I’ll be riding. I’d imagine it’s pretty archaic as far as suspension bikes go, but it’s my ticket back in to mountain biking for now.

[img][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z227/coop923/IMG_0948.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

-Mark

Welcome Coop.. Have fun and enjoy…

Cheers..

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.