New guy saying hello

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

New into MTB and just wanted to say hello. Here to gather info and learn a bit.

Hey!

I’m new to MTB’ing as well, and new to these forums!
      I’ve learned a lot from this community.

welcome.

Hey guy! Lol this site is awesome. Sorta new myself, and its helped tremendously. Welcome. Oh yeah, what’s yalls setup? And home trail….?

I’ve a Trek Mamba.
      Don’t really have a home trail – the ones close to me are lame, I spend more time 30 minutes to an hour away on trails in the Sanford/Greensboro (North Carolina) area.

Welcome, Just fasten your chin strap and hold on tight! Just saying. 😄 Later,

Thanks guys 😃

Welcome to the fickle community that is Mountain Biking…may your stay be long and fun!

Welcome & ride on bro! 😄 On-On!

Well, I just like your screen name! I had a box of Romeo y Julieta Cuban churchills once – nice smokes!!!
      We’re in So.Fla. here – trails you MUST ride are: Markham Park in S.West Ft.Lauderdale, Oleta Park in N.Miami Beach. Others might want to try: Pinehurst in W.Palm Beach; Dyer Park in Riviera Beach; Virginia Key Park in S.Miami Beach on Rickenbacker Causeway directly across from the Miami Seaquarium.
      If you get to Ocala, FL, MUST ride Santos. You could go as far as 45 miles in a day or more!!!
      West of Sebring is Alifia – very nice, going to do the Fat Tire Festival in Nov. we hope.
      Good Luck.

Hey everyone, I’m realitively new to this site too. However, in a short time I’ve learned a TON from all the information available here. As far as I’m concerned, a pretty awesome site 😀

So, I guess to answer a couple of the previous questions: My setup – Cannondale Trail SL 4.0. Brand spankin’ new this year. I like it a lot so far, although I’m now considering upgrading the stock Promax Orange Mec Disc brakes….they’re o.k., but I’m looking for something a little better.

As for my "Home" trails : I’m in Morgantown, WV, so … Coopers Rock State Forrest, White Park, Big Bear Lake, and Ohiopyle, PA.

Anyone else ever ride in/around West Virginia?

"dustyhay" wrote

A lot of new members chiming in. Very cool. Welcome!

dustyhay – I’m in central VA but made it out to Davis a couple of years ago. Great stuff. CraigCreekRider just recently posted some ride reports from his visit out there. You should check ’em out.

Hey mate. I just joined singletracks too! I’ve been biking for the past month n a half every Monday and Tuesday with my pal. Unfortunately he just left back to Montana, anyone down for a biking partner during the week before the end of September when school starts!? I’m in Portland OR, willing to drive anywhere within a few hours for some killer trails!

"dustyhay" wrote

Hey everyone, I’m realitively new to this site too. However, in a short time I’ve learned a TON from all the information available here. As far as I’m concerned, a pretty awesome site 😀

So, I guess to answer a couple of the previous questions: My setup – Cannondale Trail SL 4.0. Brand spankin’ new this year. I like it a lot so far, although I’m now considering upgrading the stock Promax Orange Mec Disc brakes….they’re o.k., but I’m looking for something a little better.

As for my "Home" trails : I’m in Morgantown, WV, so … Coopers Rock State Forrest, White Park, Big Bear Lake, and Ohiopyle, PA.

Welcome to the site and the fun world of mountain biking.
      I get over to West Virginia occasionally, usually around Marlinton. I live fairly close to the VA/WV border.

Funny how quick up-grade-itus sets in when you really get into mountain biking. Finally replaced my squeaky sticky Avid Juicy5’s with a set of Shimano SLX brakes that I really like. Hydraulic brakes will work better in the wet stuff West Virginia has so much of, but costs more than mechanicals. Shop around.

Welcome to mountain biking. Now, get out your wallet….. 😆

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.