New guy in Georgia

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all.

A buddy gave me his old Giant Rincon to get it out of his garage. I started riding about a month ago just to have a different source of exercise. I’m having a ball so far. I may be the worst mountain biker in history. I hadn’t been on a bike since I was about 12, and I totally suck. But I sure have a good time sucking at it.

Thanks for all the info ya’ll provide here!

That’s great, I started out riding cheap bikes and not having a clue, back around ’97 or ’98. And didn’t really have the internet resources then for guidance! The sport is a lot of fun, just wait, you’ll be buying a new bike before you know it! 😆 Really though, as long as you’re out having fun, that’s all that matters.

What Gar29 said. Start cheap and see if it is right for you. Hehe then open up your wallet like the rest of us do. 😆

"Before you know it" has arrived….

Put a deposit down on a 2016 Trek Excalibur 9 at my LBS. I was slobbering over the Stache 9 29+, but funds were limited. Looking forward to much improved riding with a bike that fits much better.

Funny how that works! It does become a bit of an obsession! Hope you enjoy the new bike!

Picked up my bike today. I was amazed at how much lighter it is than my old Giant.

Congrats! Would love to see so pics of it out in it’s native environment 🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.