New Giro Xen Helmet

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I had the misfortune of buying a helmet from Walmart when I first started riding last year. I didn’t have a lot of money nor any experience in quality so I wasn’t able to effectively exercise discretion in buying habits. Suffice to say the hell-met I got from Walmart was terrible. It was the most uncomfortable helmet I think I’ve ever had the misfortune of wearing. Before anyone asks why I didn’t just get another one, that’s because they all pretty much felt the same. The helmet digs into my scalp with various pointy parts and directs sweat straight into my left eye.

Well that crap is over and done with; I bought a new Xen helmet from Giro just based on the reviews I’ve come across and I must say, this thing is AMAZING. It fits so snug it’s almost like it was engineered for my head alone. My helmet light mounts flawlessly to it, and judging by the amount of vents, it looks like it’ll flow plenty of air to my scalp. If there’s anyone here scoping for a new helmet consider this one; hell just consider the brand. If they can make something this good, I can imagine the quality of their other products. Go Giro! I’m loving it. I’ll include a snap below. Lemme know what you all think!

I have crashed, badly, twice on Xen helmets and I’m stil lalive to tell about it.

And they’re comfy…

And well vented…

Best helmet ever!

Yeah madd-man I know what you mean. It really is amazing how comfortable the Xen is. What about you other riders here? What kind of helmets protects your domes?

I’m still hunting for a full face and they (Giro) seem to have some pretty nice ones.

Giro Rift

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Hey GALAXY, have you tried looking at DansComp ( http://www.danscomp.com/products.php?ca … ow=Helmets ). They got some great prices on O’Neil as well as well as the Fly Racing.

Nice link. Bookmarked.

I’m using the Fox Flux and for full face a Specialized Deviant II.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.