New BB Build

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

To kinda go along with the "creaking BB / Cranks / Pedals" topic, i am having the same problem but everything was looked over by two LBS and nothing could be done… So, im looking to get a whole new BB for the bike. and i was wanting to know if anyone has any good ideas on what type or brand would be good for the kind of riding.

I have a 2009 Trek 69er SS. 32t in the front and 16 in the rear. i guess the main thing im looking at is harder steel. my teeth are getting "mashed" due to the pressure i put on it im guessing, and the crank armes flex "alot" to me. also to go along with everything Trek does not make the chain that goes on my bike anymore, a stretch resistant chain that stretches. im not to sure the name of it but i call it the "Pimp" chain.

If anyone could provide advice thanks much, if you need more info let me know.

so if i understand your post correctly, your looking for a new crankset, BB, and chain. if thats what you mean then for a crankset/BB combo i would look at any of the single ring cranksets from FSA, Race Face, and Truvativ, and for a chain you cant really go wrong with a half link chain from KHE, KMC, Spank, and Gusset (thier half link chains have Slink in the name).

i hear really good stuff about raceface, fsa and truvativ as well. I ended up replacing the trek stuff on my bike with raceface respond crankset, which comes in a singlespeed version as well (though not sure if you need a bash guard). I’ll let you know how it works out when I get it on the bike.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.