New Airborne Toxin

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Airborne is coming in hot with their new rides! Their new 7” bike the Toxin looks like it’s going to be killer. This one belongs to their pro rider Caroline Buchanan. It goes into production next month and will not be outfitted with XO components (I’ve seen some other prototype pics of the frame outfitted with FSA/Gravity components…so who knows what it will come with. It’s expected to be in the price range of the Specialized Status I which is ~2k. It’s a good time to be in the market for a gravity bike.

That IS a sweet-looking bike! They’ve been putting out some great products lately.

They are definitely climbing to the top of the game! I recently pulled my deposit off of a Demo from my LBS because of

I’ve also gathered some other intelligence regarding their new big bikes which are coming soon.

There IS going to be a new Taka and it is going to be "very similar" to the Toxin…so I suspect the same frame with a longer shock and dual crown fork.

They are also going to release a DH specific frame set (no complete kits) called the Pathogen seen here with their super hot new team rider Caroline:

I’m not sure if Caroline or the bike is hotter. 😮

Weird Geometry on that toxin, hole lota space between the rear shock and the end of the top tube, makes it look more tall and awkward……

Nice bike! I have a Ti Airborne road bike. Love it, they make quality stuff. Haven’t tried their mtb’s yet.

"wildwestjake" wrote

Weird Geometry on that toxin, hole lota space between the rear shock and the end of the top tube, makes it look more tall and awkward……

I thought the samething, first time I looked at it, I thought to myself a 2004 Specialized Big Hit Spec.

very similar. Except for the new components on the toxin 😆

"wildwestjake" wrote

very similar. Except for the new components on the toxin 😆

and a completely different rear suspension design and geo. They ARE both black and white and have two wheels though. 😆

"jtorlando25" wrote

different rear suspension design and geo

I will give you the rear suspension being different, but that front triangle geo is very similar..

Yes, and they are both black and white, so basically the same bike! 😉

"slipfinger" wrote

[quote="jtorlando25":3i90ik8j]different rear suspension design and geo

I will give you the rear suspension being different, but that front triangle geo is very similar..

Yes, and they are both black and white, so basically the same bike! 😉[/quote:3i90ik8j]

I agree with JTorlando on this one, these bikes look WAY different. The main thing in common seems to be the color scheme.

Not quite sure how you can say the front triangles look similar: tubing is different for top tube, head tube, and down tube, and the seat tube is radically different, with the rear shock going through the tube instead of the rear triangle being wrapped around it (not sure what the technically jargon is for that, pardon me).

About the only things I see in common in the front triangle are, again, the color, the fact that the front triangle is in a triangle shape (you’ll have that) and that the top tube doesn’t have a bend in it. And there are a lot of companies that don’t have bends in the top tube:

Ok, you guys win the battle, I raise the white flag and run away with my tail between my legs!!

I’m not a fan of the look of the Toxin I guess my point of posting the pic of the spec is the Toxin frame just looks dated to me. They maybe making a play into the DH market, but they have a long way to go be for they can compete with the big boys like the Demo. But I do praise Airborne for making the sport more affordable to the average guy with there offings.

I will leaving it at that as I have not rode one and I’m solely basing my judgement on looks alone which is pretty shallow..

"slipfinger" wrote

but they have a long way to go be for they can compete with the big boys like the Demo.

False. Caroline wins on her Airborne.
      [url:1vrjonu4]http://dirt.mpora.com/news/sam-hill-and-caroline-buchanan-win-aussie-national-rd1-mt-buller.html#slide-1[/url:1vrjonu4]

Note: Lisa Mathison was on a Demo 😛

I’m in no way a fanboy for Airborne (I don’t even own one) but I think that what they are doing is awesome. Selling hella capable bikes at an affordable price by cutting out the middle man. Nothing wrong with that. It’s too bad that they have earned a dark cloud around them as being "mail order bikes" for no good reason.

"jtorlando25" wrote

I’m in no way a fanboy for Airborne (I don’t even own one) but I think that what they are doing is awesome. Selling hella capable bikes at an affordable price by cutting out the middle man. Nothing wrong with that. It’s too bad that they have earned a dark cloud around them as being "mail order bikes" for no good reason.

I can not agree with you more. I added something similar to my post as you were posting your comment. In the end its about the love of the sport no matter what you ride..

"slipfinger" wrote

In the end its about the love of the sport no matter what you ride..

Absolutely bro!

"jtorlando25" wrote

That’s why I bought my road bike from them a few years back. Spent $2k on a full Ultegra bike that would have cost an easy $3.5k elsewhere. Bike rides great and is well put together. It was pretty cool when I ordered it. You work with a person, over the phone, who makes sure you’ve done all your measurements correctly and are getting the correct parts in the right sizes. It was better help than I’ve gotten buying bikes at a LBS.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.