Need New Tires

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

So as the title says i need to buy new tires, I think I am going to go with the Panaracer XC fire pro, I have been told those are pretty nice and i really like the red sidewalls.

So here’s where i sound like an idiot, I would really like my bike to look cool, and altho i really dont like the color i was given red pedals, there is very little red on my bike…so what i want to do is find other tires that have red sidewalls like the panaracer’s there has to be some other tires out there, maybe even cheaper/better. i know nothing about tread so any advice on that would be taken as well.

Panaracer Fire’s are an awsome tire. To answer your first question I do not believe there are any other tires with red sidewalls but i am not sure. You shouldn’t pick a tire by its appearence.

Secondly, usually the rule on choosing treads for tires is that the farther apart the tread knobs on the tire are the better the tire will grip in mud and wet surfaces but will be slower in dry conditions. While a tread design like the Panaracers Fire has less rolling resistance and work best in dry conditions but in muddy conditions they do not perform as well as a tire with knobs farther apart. If you ride muddy conditions most of the time I would look into the WTB Velociraptors, they are a great tire. I hope this made sense to you and helped.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.