Need Help from 2007 Stumpjumper owners

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I weight about 160 lbs and i have a 07 stumpy comp with the triad in the back and rl in the front. I still haven’t dialed my ideal shock settings in, anybody have pointers besides what i can read in the manuals? What have some of you put your shocks at. I put mine at the recommended air levels and have the rebound at a moderate setting although I have tried more and less in both.

What kind of performance are you experiencing that makes you think you haven’t found the optimal settings on your shocks? Why do you think this can be improved by different settings?

Different conditions will warrant different settings.

the last post is pretty much right.plug the manual into your head and set the suspension up and ride with the idea that you are on a journey.after all,the journey is what its all about.the suspension is adjustable and you will be adjusting and trying different things till you find the setting(s) you are content with.the fork is the one youll need to worry about more.the triad shock is made for simplicity.lock it out to ride on the road,switch it over to propedal to ride up the mountain and switch over to full open to ride down the mountain.alhtough you could switch that up a little and do it differently if you prefer.the rebound needs to be stiff as possible without bucking you out of the seat like a bucking bronco.the fork on the other hand is a little more articulating.set the sag like you would the shock,get a zip tie and set the sag.the rebound in the fork is not the same as the shock.heres where my little pointer comes in.i like technical rock stuff and i’ve found that too little or too much rebound in the fork will make me endo in the rocks.so set it just so.youll have to do your own riding to find this.use caution and small incremental adjustments from the recomended settings.its like love and you will know when you get there.hahaha.as far as the lock out,i really dont use it too much so far.its just a lock out though and youll probably only use it to ride on flat ground or to do sprinting if you ever get into that.try not to think too far into it also,once you find THE SETTING(S) it wont seem like theres a million choices and the gray area will go away.please post again any further questions or ideas as i am a 2007 stumpjumper elite owner and is my first full suspension bike.the only thing different on the elite is that it comes with the talas feature.i can set it at either 100,120,or140mm travel settings.if your a little more specific about what your wondering could be better,it would help to know what that is so we can be more specific in replying.ride on.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.