Need help fast ? *** update with pics***

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

I’m getting a new bike for Christmas and looking at either the Trek Wahoo 29er or the Specialized Sport 29er. Which bike do you guys think is better ?. Both bikes come in at 600 bucks…

Thanks for the help guys

Well I found a like new bike on C-List in my 600 range and said I would post some pics. The bike had only been ridden 3 times without a blemish on it 😃

Giant Talon 1 29er

The components are basically the same so it comes down to fit. Get out there and take each one for a ride. Chances are one will feel better than the other. Also, it would be greatly worthwhile to look at the Trek/GF Marlin or Mamba. The bikes are a little more expensive, but they seem a lot more "trail worthy."

"treky92" wrote

The components are basically the same so it comes down to fit. Get out there and take each one for a ride. Chances are one will feel better than the other. Also, it would be greatly worthwhile to look at the Trek/GF Marlin or Mamba. The bikes are a little more expensive, but they seem a lot more "trail worthy."

Thanks for the info and I will look at the Marlin and Mamba

Have you considered a used 29er? Just saying you could get a used bike with much better components than the bikes you’re looking at. In fact, I’ve got a beautiful Fisher Ferrous that I would make you a GREAT deal on! I’m in North Florida.. Good luck and have fun!!!

"jmitch" wrote

Have you considered a used 29er?

I second that emotion. I got a 2 year old Giant Talon with all upgraded components for $200 more than your current budget. I’ve never enjoyed a bike as much as this one.

Don’t discount used!

I had already looked for a used bike and none are in my area… when I wasn’t looking there was 100 29ers for sale on craigs list 😃

I have expensive taste but only have around 600-700 dollar budget to spend… My wife’s present to me. I wish I could find a good used 29er for around 600 -700 bucks

I can understand your situation, but a little bit of patience could pay off in spades in the long run. Broaden your search a little bit(what’s a 2 hr drive for your bike?) and give yourself a week or two. If you succeed, you’ll get three times the bike for the same money.

"schwim" wrote

I can understand your situation, but a little bit of patience could pay off in spades in the long run. Broaden your search a little bit(what’s a 2 hr drive for your bike?) and give yourself a week or two. If you succeed, you’ll get three times the bike for the same money.

Thanks for the tip- I’m already looking at around the 2 hour mark N,S,E,&W for a used bike. I’m going to wait a bit to see what I can come up with before I sink the money into a brand new bike

Post us a pic if you find something nifty!

Which ever way I go I will be sure to post some pics… my son is happy cause he’s getting my fisher wahoo when I get my new bike

Good luck with your search! I bought my 2009 Fisher Paragon(pearl white..BEAUTIFUL) on ebay last week for $915. The guy met me halfway (120 miles roundtrip) for $50. The bike looks brand new! I love my Ferrous but wanted hydraulic disc’s and I heard the Fox forks were nicer than my Reba Race and I wanted to shave a few pounds off the bike.
      I’ve heard the aluminum ride is much stiffer so I’m gonna ride it for a few weeks and form my own opinion. I MAY end up swapping out the brakes and keeping my Ferrous. If I do this, I would sell the Paragon to you for around $800. Let me know if you’re interested…I’m in the Gainesville, Fl area.

The Rocky Mountain Soul falls into that price range as well.

"jmitch" wrote

Good luck with your search! I bought my 2009 Fisher Paragon(pearl white..BEAUTIFUL) on ebay last week for $915. The guy met me halfway (120 miles roundtrip) for $50. The bike looks brand new! I love my Ferrous but wanted hydraulic disc’s and I heard the Fox forks were nicer than my Reba Race and I wanted to shave a few pounds off the bike.
      I’ve heard the aluminum ride is much stiffer so I’m gonna ride it for a few weeks and form my own opinion. I MAY end up swapping out the brakes and keeping my Ferrous. If I do this, I would sell the Paragon to you for around $800. Let me know if you’re interested…I’m in the Gainesville, Fl area.

Paragon is a very nice bike but you are just under 400 miles from me 😢

Don’t you live in Macon, Ga.? That’s only 3 hours from me. Anyway, I hope you find the perfect bike!

Posted pics above- but only the hot link is showing 😢

Fixed it !!!!!!!!! 😃

Hey, I’ve got the same bike! Congrats and I hope you love it!

"schwim" wrote

Hey, I’ve got the same bike! Congrats and I hope you love it!

I liked it so much I decided to make 2 laps this morning instead of my usual one lap 😃

Awesome deal man! Go put some miles on that thing! 😀

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.