Need a bike… And advice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Had to put off buying a newer bike until now. But I could use some opinions and suggestions on a good bike.

I’ll need a bike that will be good for a "semi" beginner. I live in Colorado and love to do some good trails. I would prefer a hard-tail bike simply because I’ve have bad experienced with the suspension under the seat. And I’m willing to spend around $350-$400.

What are some options?

At the $350-$400 range you’re looking at the entry level mountain bikes from all the major manufacturers. The Specialized Hardrock, Trek 820, Cannondale Trail 6 and the Giant Boulder are in the general ballpark for price. A few might be a bit on the high side, but you might be able to find last year’s model on sale.

I would go to as many local bike shops you can find and ride as many as models as you can in that price range. Then make a decision on which one feels the best. They all will have about the same performance level.

Also check Craigslist and thte Denver Veloswap next month. We’re approaching the time of year when all the yuppie weekend warriors feel the need to upgrade. 😆

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.