My Heart is Broken, My Bike was Stolen

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

This evening I was in a rush to get to a DC United soccer game and against my better judgement, rode my bike to the Rosslyn metro station in the Washington DC metro system. I locked my bike to the bike rack. Unfortunately I did so without realizing that the bike rack in the Rosslyn metro station is completely defective and came apart with ease. When I arrived back at Rosslyn, my bike was gone.

Quite honestly, I’m more than a little heart broken. The bike was an Cannondale F5 hardtail that I bought about 2 years ago. Recently I have started to really get into mtb and have been riding trails throughout the Virginia and Maryland area at least 2-3 times a week. I have been in the process of upgrading my bike by adding new pedals, grips, tires etc. and had been planning a mountain biking trip out west this summer prior to attending grad school.

I filed a police report and plan on checking craigslist, ebay and calling pawn shops religiously in the next few days to try to track down my bike but I feel completely hopeless. Does anybody have any ideas what my next steps should be to try to find my bike? Also if by chance you happen to be perusing Craigslist or at a pawnshop or used bike deaeler and see a Cannondale mountain bike with Grey Moab grips, Shimano hybrid ATB pedals, and velociraptor tires, please respond to this post and maybe I can recover my bike.

My one hope out of this heartbreaking ordeal is that others learn from my mistake and do not experience the same pain and loss that I am feeling right now. DO NOT lock you bike up in the Rosslyn metro station or any station in the DC metro area. Even with loads of cops around/cameras and an unbreakable lock, your bike is never safe out in the open. The worst part of all this is not the money lost but that I almost feel like I lost a friend. 😢

That really SUCKS. 😢 Later,

That SUCKS,I know the feelin.Had My motorcycle stole years back.Hope you get it back.Thieves are scumb bags.Later.

feel for you dude. there has been a couple of guys on this forum who has had their bikes stolen this past month. truth is you probably wont get it back. and yes they are our friends. my girlfriend calls mine "the blue bitch" i tell her she is just jealous. hope you get it back.

I am so sorry! I have had a friend get his back after being stolen, I hope you do. I would be beyond upset if my bike was stolen

had 2 stolen last summer about a month apart and it was a devistating blow to me 😢
      home owners didn’t cover them nor did my car ins since one was stolen from my car, my new one is insured…
      good luck man.

Yeah dude,THAT SUCKS……had one stolen myself and it feels like crap for sure…

I had my 1984 Stumpjumper stolen in the summer of ’86. I’ve never gotten over the loss of that bike!
      Check CL and Ebay, but move on and buy a better bike now since you know you love to trail ride. Never leave it where you can’t physically touch it at all times!

I’ll echo the other replies. Sorry bro. I feel for you. I hope you get it back. Massive suck.

Hey man sorry to hear about your loss. Keep your head up and get another bike if you do not find your Cannondale.

You might want to tell us what year’s model your F5 was. I see a few F5’s on Craigslist but idk if one of them is yours as we don’t know the frame design.

Good luck on finding your bike!

Sorry to hear that I am always scared mine will be stolen so i keep it in the living room next to my couch. Dont leave it where I cant see it at all times. Keep looking around, maybe go by the place u lost it a couple times, thieves are dumb the guy is probably gonna ride it right where he stole it. Or sell it. Sorry to hear that tho damn scum bags should be shot.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.