My downhill wipeout

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

So Christmas day the weather was finally nice enough to ride. My in-laws have a nice park across the street with some multi purpose trails. There was a quarter mile section with some real nice flowy down hill. Road it several times with no issue. Funny how that changes when a camera is involved. Any ways, wasnt scanning ahead, got fixated on some roots, shifted my weight forward and over the handle bars. Separated my right shoulder, starting to feel better. I can at least move my arm some.
      Its kind of funny, when I first sat up and gave out a loud "wooh!" I thought I was okay until I moved.

Oh well, lesson learned.
      Enjoy
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntrigZNkgw

Yep lessons learned.
      Lots of Advil and actually give it time to heal.

I still have scars from 4 crashes in Oct… the pain we endure all int he name of fun!

I could say only one thing..Centre your weight.

Actually your lucky…Up here in Canada we have some pretty big Oak trees….Unfortunate for me i was doing a turn to quickly and understeered and hit one of them….I shattered my clavicle and had to take some of my pelvis bone to reconstruct it, now i have a 6 inch long piece of stainless steel supporting my clavicle along with 8 screws …And to boot i go poison oak that same day…

Ouch 😬 Code Rage. Hope you recover soon.

So my arm was feeling a better today so I thought I would clean the mud off of the bike and give it a post crash once over. I look at the front shock and said to myself ‘why is the #$%@ing front shock locked out?":shock:, then I looked at the rear and the pro pedal was still engaged. I forgot to turn the suspension back on after I rode to the house for refreshments. Dee Dee Dee 😳

EDIT

OH! and it doesn’t look like my shoulder separated. The swelling has gone down and everything looks like it is connected like it should be. I think it was just a bunch of muscles decided knot up and spasm. They are starting to loosen up and things are lookin good.

Lucky you i bet you started to think something was bent…..I hate that feeling myself…

"element22" wrote

Lucky you i bet you started to think something was bent…..I hate that feeling myself…

Oh yeah! I lucked out. When I get it back home I am going to check the wells real good.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.