My 3rd 24 Hour Event

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m not a serious racer, but once a year we put together a team for the local 24 Hour Round and Round. This year, I had a new Giant Anthem SX to ride. The course is 15 miles long, varied terrain made up of single track, double track, rock gardens with rounded river rock and rock gardens with sharp basalt. There are long grades, short steep hills, a technical but short downhill with a bypass route and a downhill fire road section towards the end of the loop. It keeps you interested! I love some of the flowy singletrack, its nice to catch yourself and regain focus.

I did two laps this year and some things I learned were, crank arm length matters, and a comfortable feeling bike is very important. There was a new and much slower section added this year, and despite that, I beat my best times and my second lap was my fastest! I’m so stoked!

Last year, my knees hurt so bad, I could barely walk. My Kona has 175mm crank arms, this Giant has 170mm crank arms (small frame).

Being comfortable allowed me to push even harder for the full course.

A lot of beer was had, and some great Rye whiskey. 😄

The Anthem SX is the best bike I have ever been on. Its a solid piece of engineering and quality parts. Schwalbe tires are very forgiving and predictable.

If you are on the fence about racing, don’t be. Sure there are some serious racers out there, but we do this for fun, and there are plenty of cool people to meet. Go race and do your best, then beat your best.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.