Multi-Level Bike Parking

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Space is at such a premium in Tokyo and so many people commute by bicycle, multilevel parking for bikes is common.

When will this catch on in the US?

BTW, gas was about 130 – 150 Yen / Liter. At about 100 Yen to the US$, that’s over US$5.00 – US$6.00 / Gallon! No wonder bikes are so popular and I saw only one American style pick-up in ten day of traveling.

I don’t know how it is where everyone else is from but sadly there aren’t enough cyclists around here to warrant that type of thing. 😢 It is really cool though

Even small towns have limited parking in some areas- this was outside a group of small buisnesses in Ashland, Or.
      Pretty cool idea 💡

I like it!

Pittsburgh is trying to become a Bicycle Friendly city and something like this would go a long way to achieving that goal.

[url:2pyxyitp]http://cherrycreekbikerack.com/[/url:2pyxyitp]

I was in here when I was riding around one day but didnt really get to see the bike racks but I bet they have multi level bike parking.Cherry creek is right by Denver.It’s called the cherry creek bike rack and they park bikes for free for those who cycle to work,they also do service,rent bikes,and sell parts and accessories.I didnt even know about it till I seen a sign on the bike path advertising about it,but I thought it to be a pretty good idea.

When will this catch on in the US?

I think it already has caught on here.

Cool, I’m relieved to continue seeing such things happen around the world, however sad to hear that it’s not happening so much here in America. Although maybe catching on, I believe the USA is far behind. I still find it funny that we all complain about how high gas prices are, when they hit $3-4.; when countries like these have it much worse. Our solution to using gas to drive? No it’s not stop driving the car, it’s drive a car that uses less gas.

Anyways I’m off topic. I often see places where It’s impossible to lock a bike up, as much as I try my hardest not to, I think this multi-level parking for bikes would rock around here. I almost feel like it might be safer. Then again not necessarily, in fact It could be worse off. Haha anyways thanks for posting some pics. Pretty rad.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.