Muddy Schwinn Alum Comp

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

My wife just snapped this photo of me, after I got back from a very wet, filthy, and muddy, Mtn bike ride. You can’t see the back of my tank top, but I have a muddy stripe going up the back! 😳
      Both the Schwinn Alum Comp and myself need a good shower! 😎

My wife also looked at me like, "What is wrong with you? You’re all nasty and you made more dirty laundry!" 😏 😆

I usually sneak the worst offenders in through the basement after rinsing them off so as not to take too much heat over destroying our washer and dryer 😀

I’ve done a couple wet races this year too…

And yeah, some of my gear will probably never be the same again!

MTI

Jeff will go broke if he has to keep giving you a new Jersey after each race! Also how about having some kind of cover made for your facial hair to keep it from getting muddy. I can be Singletracks green 😄

I don’t worry about my gear as much as my hearing aid these things are over $2,000.00 now.

I really hope June 22 is dry I am looking so forward to it. I hear the GA mud is bad down there.

Ah yes, the outdoor shower with a hose type of ride!!!! Good stuff.

"MTI" wrote

Jeff will go broke if he has to keep giving you a new Jersey after each race! Also how about having some kind of cover made for your facial hair to keep it from getting muddy. I can be Singletracks green 😄

I don’t worry about my gear as much as my hearing aid these things are over $2,000.00 now.

I really hope June 22 is dry I am looking so forward to it. I hear the GA mud is bad down there.

Haha I’ve been using the same jersey for a couple of years now. All of the "white" highlights are actually a dull orange/brown now from the GA clay!

Yeah, the mud can get horrible down here. Fingers crossed for dry weather!!

"Funrover" wrote

Ah yes, the outdoor shower with a hose type of ride!!!! Good stuff.

Yup definitely done that a few times!

Sometimes you just have to embrace the mud. This was in 2009 after a day of Slatyfork WV riding, finishing at the bottom of Props Run. Luckily we had a creek crossing to go.

I think Greg has the winner, that Georgia mud looks nastier. WV mud just rinses right off.

To put trail builders at ease, mud riding in some places in West Virginia is the norm. There is 2-6 inches of mud covering everything and a solid rock base below.

CCR, you’re coated pretty good there! The bike definitely needs a bath!!

Last year at Long Cane is SC. It was muddy but local riders mentioned that if we were not on the trails that day equestrians would of been.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

CCR, you’re coated pretty good there! The bike definitely needs a bath!!

No doubt. It amazes me what mountain bikes will stand up to. Can you imagine how long a WallyWorld bike would hold up in those kind of conditions.

"brianW" wrote

Last year at Long Cane is SC. It was muddy but local riders mentioned that if we were not on the trails that day equestrians would of been.

No doubt, nothing will muck up a trail like horses – except maybe quads.

The aftermath of a very sketchy day of downhill!!

Can you say, just grip it and rip it!

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.