MTB Rangers in UK National Park

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rangers will be taking to two wheels in a national park to help smooth the way for mountain bikers.

The Peak District rangers will carry out a range of tasks, including giving directions, cycling tips, first aid, supporting with mechanical problems and if necessary mediating where conflicts arise.

National park bosses said the rangers will be able to cover a wider area on their bikes. They added they believed they were the first UK national park to have mountain bike rangers.

They will be out in the area during weekends and will wear high-visibility jackets to make them easy to identify.

Pennine Way ranger Martyn Sharp, who championed the idea, said: “Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports and appeals to people of all ages.

Read more here: http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2013/0 … ional-park

We need some of these in the US.

Sounds similar to the National Mountain Bike Patrol. We had a group here for a while but it seems to have faded out.

Not sure about the comment about mountain biking being a fast growing sport. I thought speed texting is the fastest growing sport. 😆

"mtbgreg1" wrote
      Peak District rangers

Read more here: http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2013/0 … ional-park

We need some of these in the US.

I was born and raised near the Peak District, and although I haven’t been there in… 25(ish) years – and I don’t know of the trails on which you can ride – I’d still recommend it to anybody for a visit, its really nice there. And now if you can mountain bike… it really would be worth visiting 😃

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Sounds similar to the National Mountain Bike Patrol. We had a group here for a while but it seems to have faded out.

Not sure about the comment about mountain biking being a fast growing sport. I thought speed texting is the fastest growing sport. 😆

I used to see the National Mountain Bike Patrol out here in California also. I wonder what ever happened to them?

Might be one of the best jobs ever… 😮

Found this list of IMBA Bike Patrols.

"craigasaurus" wrote

Might be one of the best jobs ever… 😮

Tough work, some one has to do it. 😏 be like, ya, if you got us some carbon blah blah blah and definatly full sus, got to get a fitting, or it’s just not healthy…
      I love this guy who "championed the idea", ranger Sharp 😃

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.