MTB maintenance

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am a new at this and just got a bike and was wondering what type of maintence do they need and how many times a year should it be done. I have a Giant yukon fx full suspension just want to keep bike in best condition possible. Thanks for all your help

First off welcome and the Giant Yukon is a great bike….If you go to the mountain bike blog section and look under MTB repair section you will see some great tips.

As far as how often that depends on how hard you ride, is it very muddy, are you doing stunts..etc. etc.

But if you check the blog in the repair section it will give you a good idea and a check list that you could follow which will help you with the ownership of your bike.

"element22" wrote

First off welcome and the Giant Yukon is a great bike….If you go to the mountain bike blog section and look under MTB repair section you will see some great tips.

As far as how often that depends on how hard you ride, is it very muddy, are you doing stunts..etc. etc.

Exactly, basic run down of that would be to make sure everything is oiled, lubed, greased and ready to go! Maintenance is the heart of MTB, plus it’s much cheaper than having to repeatedly buy new parts. If you love your bike it will love you too.

I see that you are from NY and that the Yukon has exposed cables. Make sure to rinse your bike off, ideally after every ride, and after every so many rides (depends) lube you cables. You will notice that if you neglect your cables you will have shifting problems.

good luck and earn your maintenance

Thanks for the tips

Very soon I will have posted a review on the Gore sealed cables…For those of you who ride in a lot of mud those are for you…And you don’t lube those cables.

Cheers..

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.