MTB Hall of Fame Nominations Now Open

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      The nomination process of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame is very easy. Anyone may nominate a deserving person or group to the MBHOF. Please follow these guidelines.

Nominations should be a minimum of 250 words. Pick the Category (listed below) you are nominating this person in. Include in the narrative, why you think this individual belongs in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame and what significant contributions they have made to the world of mountain biking. Tell us where and during what time frame they were active and what their current status is in the sport today. We ask that a nominee have a history of at least 10 years as an active Mountain Biker.

IMPORTANT: Please include a current address, phone number and e-mail for the nominee! We can now accept photos of the nominees. Please, include a digital photo with the nomination. We can accept website links also.

Email Nominations to [email protected].

Nomination Categories

Advocacy: Hard working individuals who have fought for land access, mountain bike friendly trail policies and responsible rider ethics.
      Industry: Advancement and development of the Mountain Bike through technology.
      Journalism: Individuals who contributed to the exposure of Mountain Biking to the public through the media.
      Pioneers: People involved from the grass roots inception of the sport. Do they remember when the Mountain Bike was called a "Klunker"? Did they modify a bike and start riding it on dirt roads and trails?
      Promotion: An individual or group who created, organized or improved a popular mountain biking race, festival or event.
      Racing History: An individual whose athletic accomplishments in the area of mountain bike competition make them exceptional.

Deadline: April 15.

Who do you think should be nominated for the MTB hall of fame that isn’t already in it?

I didn’t even know there was a MTB HoF 😳

"Jared13" wrote

I didn’t even know there was a MTB HoF 😳

There is, but if you go there to actually look at it in person, it’s not much to see.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="Jared13":24r03363]I didn’t even know there was a MTB HoF 😳

There is, but if you go there to actually look at it in person, it’s not much to see.[/quote:24r03363]

That’s a good thing because if I get to Crested Butte, I don’t plan on spending much time indoors ;)

Although, a quick 5-minute stop to check it out would be pretty cool.

"Jared13" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":1hu1fdhx][quote="Jared13":1hu1fdhx]I didn’t even know there was a MTB HoF 😳

There is, but if you go there to actually look at it in person, it’s not much to see.[/quote:1hu1fdhx]

That’s a good thing because if I get to Crested Butte, I don’t plan on spending much time indoors ;)

Although, a quick 5-minute stop to check it out would be pretty cool.[/quote:1hu1fdhx]

Unfortunately, they charge you money to get in, and IMO, it’s pretty under-whelming

Oh, well that’s crap.

"Jared13" wrote

Oh, well that’s crap.

Maybe I’m just coloring it in a bad light… but I just wasn’t super impressed. Being inducted is pretty cool, and the website is neat, it’s just kind of sad that the actual location doesn’t have more physical stuff to check out.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.